Swarupnagar (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|Type||Reserved for SC|
|Lok Sabha constituency||14-Bangaon (SC)|
|Electorate (year)||195,584 (2011)|
Swarupnagar (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is an assembly constituency in North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. The seat is reserved for scheduled castes. It was an open seat earlier. It is one of the 7 assembly constituencies that together form 14. Bangaon (SC) Parliamentary Constituency.
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 98 Swarupnagar (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (SC) is composed of the following: Swarupnagar community development block, and Ramchandrapur Uday and Sayesta Nagar I gram panchayats of Baduria community development block.
In the 2011 elections, Bina Mondol of Trinamool Congress defeated her nearest rival Shiva Pada Das of CPI(M).
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Swarupnagar |
|CPI(M)||Shiva Pada Das||76,227||44.60||-2.08|
|RPI(A)||Sukriti Ranjan Biswas||4,063|
|AITMC gain from CPI(M)||Swing||1.30#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||16|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
|Communist Party of India||1||1|
In the 2006, 2001, 1996 and 1991 Mustafa Bin Quassem of CPI(M) won the Swarupnagar assembly seat defeating his nearest rivals - Narayan Goswami of Trinamool Congress in 2006, Swaraj Misra of Trinamool Congress in 2001, Dipti Jana of Congress in 1996 and Abdul Hai Siddiqui of Congress in 1991. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Anisur Rahman Biswas of CPI(M) defeated Abdul Hai Siddiqui of Congress in 1987, Harasit Ghosh of Congress in 1982 and Chandranath Misra of Congress in 1977.
Chandranath Misra of Congress won in 1972 and 1971. Jamini Ranjan Sen of CPI won in 1969 and 1967. Abdul Gafur of Congress won in 1962. Mohammad Ishaque of Congress won in 1957 and in independent India’s first election in 1951.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Statistical Report on General Elections, 2004 to the 14th Lok Sabha". Volume III Details For Assembly Segments Of Parliamentary Constituencies. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Swarupnagar". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Swarupnagar. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Swarupnagar. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-24.
- "93 - Swarupnagar Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-15.