Visual Studio Application Lifecycle Management
Visual Studio Application Lifecycle Management is a collection of integrated software development tools developed by Microsoft. These tools include IDEs, source control, work items, collaboration, metrics, and reporting tools.
Visual Studio Application Lifecycle Management consists of four products:
- Visual Studio, which provides an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for development and client side interfaces for the other products.
- Visual Studio Test Professional, which provides an IDE for software testers to create and execute tests.
- Team Foundation Server, which provides Source Code collaboration and data storage.
- Visual Studio Lab Management, which provides a way for software testers to create and manage virtual environments.
Training and Education Resources 
Visual Studio 2010 Rebranding 
In Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 the brand was known as Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (or Team Suite) (VSTS); however, in October 2009, as part of the Visual Studio 2010 release, the Team System (or Team Suite) brand was renamed to Microsoft Visual Studio ALM.
See also 
- Octavie van Haaften (November 25, 2009). "Visual Studio 2010 Team System session". Retrieved 2011-12-08.