|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1037 in topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Political entities - State leaders - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1037.|
- Construction of the Saint Sophia Cathedral in Kiev is ended.
- Ferdinand I becomes the king of Castile and Leon.
- Harold I seizes the crown of England from his half-brother Harthacanute.
- George Maniaces begins a campaign against the Arabs in Sicily.
- Su Dongpo, Chinese poet (d. 1101)
- Hawise, Duchess of Brittany (d. 1072) (approximately)
- Beatrice I, Abbess of Quedlinburg (d. 1061)
- September 4 – King Bermudo III of León (b. 1010)
- November 15 – Odo II, Count of Blois (b. 983)
- Avicenna, Persian physician, philosopher, and scientist (b. 980)
- Duke Boleslaus III of Bohemia
- Robert I, Archbishop of Rouen