From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1047. For the planned Dutch battlecruisers, see Design 1047 battlecruiser.
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1010s 1020s 1030s – 1040s – 1050s 1060s 1070s|
|Years:||1044 1045 1046 – 1047 – 1048 1049 1050|
|1047 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1800|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丙戌年 (Fire Dog)
3743 or 3683
— to —
丁亥年 (Fire Pig)
3744 or 3684
|- Vikram Samvat||1103–1104|
|- Shaka Samvat||969–970|
|- Kali Yuga||4148–4149|
|Japanese calendar||Eishō 2
|Minguo calendar||865 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1358/1359 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1589–1590|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1047.|
- August 10 – Battle of Val-ès-Dunes: William, Duke of Normandy, with assistance from King Henry I of France, secures control of Normandy by defeating rebel Norman barons at Caen.
- September 25–28 – Rebel general Leo Tornikios, having proclaimed himself Byzantine emperor, besieges Constantinople. Troops led personally by Emperor Constantine IX Monomachos repel him.
- October – Pope Clement II is succeeded by Pope Benedict IX as the 150th pope.
- October 25 – Harald Hardrada becomes sole king of Norway on the death of his uncle Magnus the Good; the crown of Denmark passes to Sweyn II.
- November – The usurping Pope Benedict IX seizes the Lateran Palace in Rome.