Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1047 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1800|
|Balinese saka calendar||968–969|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丙戌年 (Fire Dog)|
3743 or 3683
— to —
丁亥年 (Fire Pig)
3744 or 3684
|- Vikram Samvat||1103–1104|
|- Shaka Samvat||968–969|
|- Kali Yuga||4147–4148|
|Japanese calendar||Eishō 2|
|Minguo calendar||865 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||1358/1359 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1589–1590|
1173 or 792 or 20
— to —
1174 or 793 or 21
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1047.|
- August 10 – Battle of Val-ès-Dunes: William, Duke of Normandy, with assistance from King Henry I of France, secures control of Normandy by defeating rebel Norman barons at Caen.
- September 25–28 – Rebel general Leo Tornikios, having proclaimed himself Byzantine emperor, besieges Constantinople. Troops led personally by Emperor Constantine IX Monomachos repel him.
- October – Pope Clement II is succeeded by Pope Benedict IX, as the 150th pope.
- October 25 – Harald Hardrada becomes sole king of Norway, on the death of his uncle Magnus the Good; the crown of Denmark passes to Sweyn II.
- November – The usurping Pope Benedict IX seizes the Lateran Palace in Rome.
- Judith of Swabia, queen of Hungary, daughter of Henry III, Holy Roman Emperor
- Empress Xiang, Chinese empress regent (die. 1102)