From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1083 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Political entities - State leaders - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1083.|
- Sancho I of Aragon conquers Graus.
- Alfonso VI of Castile conquers Talavera de la Reina.
- Duklja conquers Bosnia.
- June – Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor besieges Pope Gregory VII in Castel Sant'Angelo.
- December 1 – Anna Comnena, Byzantine historian (d. 1153)
- Florine of Burgundy, French crusader (d. 1097)
- January 11 – Otto of Nordheim, Duke of Bavaria (b. c. 1020)
- September 2 – King Munjong of Goryeo (b. 1019)
- November 2 – Matilda of Flanders, queen of England, spouse of King William I of England
- Zeng Gong, Chinese historian and scholar (b. 1019)
- Theodora Anna Doukaina Selvo, Venetian dogaressa (b. 1058)
- Picard C. (1997) La mer et les musulmans d'Occident au Moyen Age. Paris: Presses Universitaires de France.