1997 in Bangladesh
|See also:||Other events of 1997
List of years in Bangladesh
Events from the year 1997 in Bangladesh.
- April - Bangladesh national cricket team wins 1997 ICC Trophy and qualifies for cricket world cup 1999.
- 2 December - The 'Chittagong Hill tracts Peace Accord' is signed between Bangladesh government and Parbatya Chattagram Jana Sanghati Samiti.
- 7 December - Over a hundred people are injured during a demonstrations against the signing of peace accord with rebels in the Chittagong Hill Tracts.
- 8 July – Abu Sadat Mohammad Sayem, first Chief Justice of Bangladesh, subsequently President of Bangladesh
- 1 December – Khan Ataur Rahman, singer, actor, and film director
- Mohsin, Amena (2012). "Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Accord, 1997". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Many injured during strike over Bangladesh peace accord - BBC news
- "Bangladesh / Players / Mehedi Hasan". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- Hoque, Kazi Ebadul (2012). "Sayem, Justice Abusadat Mohammad". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Waheed, Karim (11 December 2007). "Khan Ataur Rahman: The eternal bohemian". The Daily Star. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
|This Bangladesh history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|