2011 Supercoppa Italiana
|Date||6 August 2011|
|Venue||Beijing National Stadium, Beijing|
23 °C (73 °F)
The match, the curtain raiser to the new football season in Italy, was the 208th Derby della Madonnina between Milan and Internazionale, marking the first time these two sides have met in this competition. The match was played at the Bird’s Nest Stadium in Beijing on Saturday 6 August 2011. Milan won the title 2–1.
Milan qualified to take part by winning the 2010–11 Serie A title while their city rivals Inter qualified by winning the 2011 Coppa Italia Final. Inter are the competition's defending champions, having beaten Roma 3–1 in last season's contest. Both teams have appeared in the Supercoppa final eight times during its history, Milan winning six times and Inter five.
|Report[permanent dead link]||Sneijder 22'|
|Supercoppa Italiana |
- History | Weather Underground
- "AC Milan clinch Supercoppa". ESPN Soccernet. 6 August 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "Milan edge out Inter in Italian Super Cup". CNN. 6 August 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- Milan vs. Internazionale 2:1 – Summary
- Voakes, Kris (6 August 2011). "Player Ratings: AC Milan 2-1 Inter". Goal.com. Retrieved 6 August 2011.