2013 Canadian Grand Prix
|Race 7 of 19 in the 2013 Formula One season|
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
|Date||9 June 2013|
|Official name||Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada 2013|
|Location||Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Course length||4.361 km (2.710 mi)|
|Distance||70 laps, 305.270 km (189.700 mi)|
|Weather||Mild with temperatures approaching 23 °C (73 °F); wind speeds up to 15 kilometres per hour (9.3 mph)|
|Driver||Mark Webber||Red Bull-Renault|
|Time||1:16.182 on lap 69|
The 2013 Canadian Grand Prix (formally known as the Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada 2013) was a Formula One motor race that took place on 9 June 2013 at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The race was the seventh round of the 2013 season, and marked the 50th running of the Canadian Grand Prix.
The event was marred by the death of track marshal Mark Robinson, who was run over by a recovery vehicle. The accident happened while marshals were removing the Sauber of Esteban Gutiérrez after the Mexican had spun off during the closing stages of the race. Robinson died later in hospital, and became the first trackside death in Formula One since that of marshal Graham Beveridge at the 2001 Australian Grand Prix.
Tyre supplier Pirelli brought its white-banded medium compound tyre as the harder "prime" tyre and the red-banded supersoft compound tyre as the softer "option" tyre, as opposed to the previous year where soft and supersoft selection were provided.
The three qualifying sessions were held on 8 June. Q1 was rain-affected.
Sauber's Nico Hülkenberg, McLaren's Sergio Pérez, Williams' Pastor Maldonado, McLaren's Jenson Button, Sauber's Esteban Gutiérrez, and Ferrari's Felipe Massa were all eliminated in Q2. Massa caused a red flag after crashing into the barriers in turn 3. Williams' Valtteri Bottas became the first rookie driver in 2013 to make it into Q3.
Kimi Räikkönen and Daniel Ricciardo were given two-place penalties for not lining up in the designated 'fast lane' at the pit exit in the rush to get out after the Q2 red flag. Räikkönen would start from 10th and Ricciardo 11th on the grid.
|1||1||Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull-Renault||1:22.318||1:28.166||1:25.425||1|
|5||2||Mark Webber||Red Bull-Renault||1:23.247||1:28.145||1:26.208||5|
|7||18||Jean-Éric Vergne||Toro Rosso-Ferrari||1:24.159||1:28.527||1:26.543||7|
|8||15||Adrian Sutil||Force India-Mercedes||1:24.551||1:28.799||1:27.348||8|
|10||19||Daniel Ricciardo||Toro Rosso-Ferrari||1:24.770||1:29.359||1:27.946||111|
|17||14||Paul di Resta||Force India-Mercedes||1:24.908||17|
|22||21||Giedo van der Garde||Caterham-Renault||1:27.110||21|
- ^1 — Kimi Räikkönen and Daniel Ricciardo were each given a two-place grid penalty for failing to queue in the fast lane at the resumption on the second qualifying session.
- ^2 — Romain Grosjean was given a ten-place grid penalty for causing an avoidable accident in the previous race.
- ^3 — Esteban Gutiérrez was classified despite retiring as he had completed 90% of the race distance.
Championship standings after the race
- "2013 Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada". Formula1.com. Formula One Administration. Archived from the original on 19 May 2013. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Weather information for the "2013 Canadian Grand Prix"". The Old Farmers' Almanac. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- "FIA Formula One calendar". FIA.com. Fedération Internationale de l'Automobile. Archived from the original on 8 February 2013. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Sebastian Vettel wins in Canada in grand prix marred by marshal's death". Guardian UK. 9 June 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Friends describe F1 marshal killed at Grand Prix as a major racing fan". CTV News. CTV Television Network. 10 June 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "World auto-racing body identifies man killed at Canadian Grand Prix". CBC News. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. The Canadian Press. 10 June 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Motor racing-Marshall killed at Canadian Grand Prix". Chicago Tribune. 9 June 2013.
- "Revised Canadian GP grid after post-qualifying penalties". Autosport. 8 June 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada 2013 – Provisional Results". Formula1.com. Formula One Administration. Archived from the original on 11 June 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "Raikkonen and Ricciardo hit with grid penalties". ESPN F1. 8 June 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "2013 Canadian Grand Prix – Classifications". FIA.com. Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA). 9 June 2013. Archived from the original on 5 July 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada 2013 – Provisional results". Formula1.com. Formula One World Championship Ltd. 9 June 2013. Archived from the original on 9 July 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2013 Canadian Grand Prix.|
2013 Monaco Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
2013 British Grand Prix
2012 Canadian Grand Prix
|Canadian Grand Prix||Next race:
2014 Canadian Grand Prix