2019 in Myanmar
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- President: Win Myint
- State Counsellor: Aung San Suu Kyi
- First Vice President: Myint Swe
- Second Vice President: Henry Van Thio
- August 22: A U.N. report charges that sexual violence carried out by security forces against the Muslim Rohingya minority is widespread and severe, and it demonstrates intent to commit genocide and warrants prosecution for war crimes.
- Grant Peck (August 22, 2019), "Myanmar troops' sexual violence against Rohingya shows 'genocidal intent': UN report", Global News.com, retrieved August 23, 2019