2019 in Lebanon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events in the year 2019 in Lebanon.
- June 3 - 2019 Tripoli shooting: A gunman opened fire and killed four security members in Tripoli, before he blew himself up in an apartment.
- August 25 - 2019 Beirut drone crash: two drones, alleged to be from Israel by Lebanese authorities, crashed in the Dahieh district of Beirut. The first drone crashed into Hezbollah's Media Center, and the second drone exploded mid-air 45 minutes later. This was the first such incident between Lebanon and Israel since the 2006 war between them.
- August 26 - 2019 Qousaya attack: A Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine base was attacked by Israeli drones in Qousaya, Beqaa Valley, near the Syrian border 
- October 13 - 2019 Lebanon forest fires: About 100 forest fires flared up across Lebanon overnight, and lasted until October 15. One person was killed from the fire.
- October 17 - 2019–20 Lebanese protests
- October 29 - Prime Minister Saad Hariri resigns in response to protests against the government.
- December 19 - Hassan Diab is named Prime Minister of Lebanon.
- December 30 - Carlos Ghosn escapes from Japan and arrives in Beirut.
- "Lebanon gripped by 'night of terror' as ISIS fighter attacks Tripoli". The National. 4 June 2019. Retrieved 14 September 2019.
- "Lebanon president: Israel drone attack a declaration of war". Al Jazeera. 26 August 2019. Retrieved 14 September 2019.
- "Lebanon turns to neighbours to douse forest fires". Gulf News. 15 October 2019. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Yee, Vivian (Oct 29, 2019). "Lebanon's Prime Minister, Saad Hariri, Steps Down in Face of Protests". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "Lebanon protests: University professor Hassan Diab nominated to be PM". BBC. 19 December 2019. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 26 February 2020. Retrieved 12 January 2020.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Décès de Jocelyne Saab, réalisatrice libanaise pionnière au Proche-Orient". france24.com (in French). Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- وفاة رئيس الحزب السوري القومي الاجتماعي السابق جبران عريجي (in Arabic)
- Tributes flow for award-winning Lebanese author and journalist May Menassa
- Pioneering Lebanese filmmaker Georges Nasser dies at 91
- Politicians mourn death of former MP Robert Ghanem