2019 in Malaysia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2019|
History of Malaysia • Timeline • Years
This is a list of events in the year 2019 in Malaysia.
- 1 Incumbents
- 2 Events
- 3 National Day and Malaysia Day
- 4 Sports
- 5 Births
- 6 Deaths
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong:
- Raja Permaisuri Agong:
- Tunku Azizah of Pahang (from 31 January)
- Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong:
- Prime Minister: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad
- Deputy Prime Minister: Dato' Seri Dr. Wan Azizah Wan Ismail
- Chief Justice: Richard Malanjum
- Johor :
- Kedah :
- Kelantan :
- Perlis :
- Perak :
- Pahang :
- Selangor :
- Terengganu :
- Negeri Sembilan :
- Penang :
- Malacca :
- Sarawak :
- Sabah :
- 1 January - Smoking ban takes effect.
- 6 January - Sultan Muhammad V has stepped down as the 15th Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- 15 January - The Tengku Mahkota of Pahang, Tengku Abdullah Ibni Sultan Ahmad Shah was proclaimed as the new Sultan of Pahang with the title Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri'ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah.
- 21 January - Thaipusam
- 24 January - The special Conference of Rulers is held in Istana Negara, Kuala Lumpur to elect the new 16th Yang di-Pertuan Agong. Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri'ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah of Pahang is elected as the 16th Yang di-Pertuan Agong while Sultan Nazrin Muizzuddin Shah of Perak is elected as a Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- 26 January - 2019 Cameron Highlands by-election.
- 29 January - Tunku Azizah Aminah Maimunah proclaimed as Tengku Ampuan of Pahang, a title reserved for the consort of the current ruler or sultan, of noble birth, as enshrined in the Pahang State Constitution. Her second son, Tengku Hassanal Ibrahim proclaimed as Tengku Mahkota (Crown prince) of Pahang.
- 31 January - The new 16th Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri'ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah of Pahang sworn-in, beginning his five-year term as Head of State.
- 5–6 February - Chinese New Year
- 2 March - 2019 Semenyih by-election
- 13 April - 2019 Rantau by-election
- 19 April - Tengku Mahkota of Kelantan, Tengku Muhammad Faiz Petra marries Swedish citizen, Sofie Louise Johansson.
- 24 April - Water supply system improvement works at Sungai Selangor Phase 2 (SSP2) Water Treatment Plant.
- 11 May - 2019 Sandakan by-election
- 30 July - The installation of 16th Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri'ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah, Sultan of Pahang at Istana Negara, Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur.
- 18 August – Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Al-Sultan Abdullah made its 3-day official state visit to Brunei and meets the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah.
- 26 August – Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Al-Sultan Abdullah made its 4-day official state visit to Indonesia and meets the President, Joko Widodo.
- 31 August – 62nd Independence and National Day of Malaysia (Merdeka Day), marking the 62nd anniversary of Malaysia's independence from the British at the Dataran Merdeka in the country's capital city, Kuala Lumpur on 31 August 1957, Saturday and the very great independence was declared by the country's very 1st Prime Minister, Tunku Abdul Rahman and the then-Deputy Prime Minister Abdul Razak Hussein and then-Yang di-Pertuan Agong (King) Abdul Rahman of Negeri Sembilan.
- 16 November – 2019 Tanjung Piai by-election.
National Day and Malaysia Day
National Day theme
Sayangi Malaysiaku, Malaysia Bersih (Love My Malaysia, A Clean Malaysia)
National Day parade
Malaysia Day celebration
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2019)
- 21 May - Tengku Ismail Leon Petra
- 17 July - Tunku Abu Bakar Ibrahim
- 26 January – Ismail Jusoh - entrepreneur, founder of Budu Cap Ketereh
- 8 February – Abdul Bari Asyraf Mohd - Hero of Terengganu for saving family nearly drown
- 11 February – Ustaz Yo Kemaman - Religious Lecturer
- 12 March – Ustaz Azli Taliban - Ketua Penerangan Dewan Ulama PAS Perak, activist of Muslim Care Malaysia
- 17 March – Tunku Puan Zanariah - Eighth Raja Permaisuri Agong
- 19 March – Mohd Haziq Mohd Tarmizi - Victims of Christchurch mosque shootings
- 1 May – Ustaz Abu Hassan Din Al-Hafiz - Prominent Muslim preacher, Famous Islamic religious scholar, former Grand Imam of the National Mosque, former Religious Adviser to several Yang di-Pertuan Agong , the younger brother of former PAS spiritual leader, Datuk Dr Haron Din & Ustaz Ishak Din
- 17 May – S.M. Mohamed Idris - President of Consumers Association of Penang (CAP)
- 18 May – Faziani Rohban Ahmad - Founder of Dnars Cosmetics (died while on the way to send the donation for tahfiz center)
- 19 May – Adamdidam - Celebrity chef
- 22 May – Ustaz Arifin Ilham - Indonesian preacher
- 22 May – Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah - the fifth and former modern Sultan of Pahang, the seventh Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia from 26 April 1979 to 25 April 1984 (born 1930)
- 28 May – Khoo Kay Kim - Professor Emeritus and renowned historian.
- 7 June – Ustaz Ku Yaacob Ku Hashim - a khatib, a former teacher of SMK Agama Kedah
- 10 June – Fadzil Ahmad - sub inspector PDRM at IPD Sik
- 8 July – Tengku Ismail Shah AlHaj ibni Almarhum Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah AlHaj - Tengku Besar Putra Selangor
- 17 August – Suffian Rahman - Terengganu FC's goalkeeper
- 11 September – Shafie Salleh - Chief Scout of Malaysia
- 26 September – Yazit Ahmad - Search Drummer
- 28 September – Sultan Ismail Petra - the 28th and former Sultan of Kelantan
- 1 October – Nor Asyikin Mohd Razali - Religious talk and Former Host TV Semanis Kurma (2010–2014)
- "Smoking ban starts today". The Star Online. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "No more smoking at eateries at the stroke of midnight". New Straits Times. 31 December 2018. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "Cameron Highlands parliamentary by-election set for Jan 26". The Star Online. 19 December 2018. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- Hamdan, Nurbaiti (2018-11-30). "Court nullifies BN's GE14 victory for Cameron Highlands seat (Updated)". The Star Online. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "Tunku Azizah Aminah proclaimed as new Tengku Ampuan Pahang". www.nst.com.my. Retrieved 2019-01-29.
- "Tengku Hassanal to be proclaimed as Tengku Mahkota Pahang - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 2019-01-29.
- "Bigg Boss Tamil 3, Day 100 Written Update: How Mugen Rao Made The 100th Day Extra Special - NDTV". 2019-10-02.