2019 in Peru
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events in the year 2019 in Peru.
- President: Martín Vizcarra
- Prime Minister:
- 23 January — Former president Alberto Fujimori(1990-2000) is sent back to complete a 25 year sentence in prison after the Supreme Court of Peru overturns his presidential pardon.
- 27 January — The 2019 Abancay landslide.
- 8 March — Amid growing unpopularity, Prime Minister Cesar Villanueva resigns and is succeeded by Salvador del Solar.
- 10 April — Pedro Pablo Kuczynski, President of Peru from 2016 to 2018, is arrested and held in preventative prison for 10 days by court order for active involvement in the Operation Car Wash and for laundering on behalf of Westfield Capital.
- 17 April — Former president Alan Garcia Perez(1985-1990, 2006-2011) commits suicide before being detained by Peruvian authorities for laundering and corruption.
- 29 May — An 8.1 magnitude earthquake strikes Ucayli and Loreto.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2019)
- 16 February – Juan Incháustegui, engineer and politician, Minister of Energy and Mines and of Industry, Foreign Trade and Tourism (b. 1938).
- June 11 – Francisco Miró Quesada Cantuarias, philosopher (b. 1918)
- June 24 – José Huerta, Peruvian politician (b. 1948)
|Wikinews has related news: Category: Peru|
- "Peru landslide kills at least 15 at hotel wedding party". BBC News. 27 January 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "Ex ministro Juan Incháustegui fallece a los 80 años". elcomercio.pe (in Spanish). Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "Carlos 'Kukín' Flores murió a los 44 años por un aparente infarto". peru21.pe (in Spanish). Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- Falleció el ensayista peruano Gonzalo Portocarrero (in Spanish)
- Ex-President Alan García of Peru Is Dead After Shooting Himself During Arrest
- Falleció Francisco Miró Quesada Cantuarias (in Spanish)
- Peru's defence minister dies of heart attack at 71