Aaron Cornelius at Brisbane Lions pre-season training,
|Full name||Aaron Cornelius|
|Date of birth||29 May 1990|
|Place of birth||Hobart, Tasmania|
|Original team(s)||Tasmanian Devils (VFL)|
|Draft||#57, 2008 National Draft, Brisbane Lions|
|Height / weight||192cm / 86kg|
|2009–2013||Brisbane Lions||25 (35)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2013.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Cornelius was delisted by Brisbane at the end of the 2013 season. He then returned to Tasmania where he was announced as the playing-coach of the Glenorchy Football Club in the Tasmanian State League for the 2014 season.
In 2014, during a game against Clarence at Bellerive Oval, Cornelius suffered an horrific injury during a marking contest where he dislocated his knee and severed blood vessels in his leg which led to fears he would lose the limb.
Cornelius coached the Magpies to a Grand Final win in 2016 after finishing runners up the previous two years.
- "Lions hit draft jackpot by getting Rich". The Age website. 2008-11-29. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- "Number's up for Lions draftees". Lions.com.au. 2008-12-04. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- Bresnehan, James (5 December 2013). "Aaron Cornelius declares he is not finished yet as a potential AFL force". The Mercury.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aaron Cornelius.|
- Aaron Cornelius's profile on the official website of the Brisbane Lions
- Aaron Cornelius's statistics from AFL Tables
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|