|Rolling stock||Akechi 10 series DMU|
|Opened||24 May 1933|
|Line length||25.1 km (15.6 mi)|
|Number of tracks||Entire line single tracked|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Minimum radius||200 m|
|Operating speed||60 km/h (37 mph)|
The Akechi Line (明知線, Akechi-sen) is a Japanese railway line in Gifu Prefecture connecting Ena and Akechi stations, which are both located in Ena. There are stations located in Nakatsugawa city as well. This is the only railway line Akechi Railway (明知鉄道, Akechi Tetsudō) operates. The third-sector company took over the former Japanese National Railways line in 1985.
All stations are located in Gifu Prefecture.
- Stations marked "▲" are stopped by the Inbound Rapid service. The Inbound Rapid service runs only on weekdays.
- Stations marked "●" are stopped by Express service Taishō Roman Gō (大正ロマン号). The Taishō Roman Gō runs on all days excluding Mondays. It is possible for all passengers who use non-reserved seat to ride on the Taishō Roman Gō without Express Tickets. So, when you ride on the Dining Car, you have to reserve the seats and purchase Express Tickets.
Taishō Roman Gō
|11||Ena||恵那||0.0||▲||●||Chūō Main Line||Ena|
A new Akechi 100 series diesel railcar (number 101) entered service on 8 April 2017, replacing the former Akechi 6 series car.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2016 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2016] (in Japanese). Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 25 July 2016. ISBN 978-4-330-70116-5.
- 明知鉄道 アケチ100形 [Akechi Railway Akechi 100 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 57, no. 674. Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. June 2017. p. 98.
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways] (in Japanese). Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 121. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Akechi Railroad.|
- Official website (in Japanese)