As of December 2007, 350,000 cards have been issued. In the Nagoya area, 50% of the riders, or 70% of the commuter pass holders, use the card.
TOICA is currently accepted on JR Central lines in the following area:
- Tōkaidō Main Line, between Kannami and Samegai
- Chūō Main Line, between Nagoya and Nakatsugawa
- Kansai Main Line, between Nagoya and Kameyama
- Taketoyo Line, (the whole line) between Ōbu and Taketoyo
- Gotemba Line, between Shimo-Soga and Numazu
- Minobu Line, between Fuji and Nishi-Fujinomiya
- Iida Line, between Toyohashi and Toyokawa
- Takayama Main Line, between Gifu and Mino-Ōta
- Taita Line, (the whole line) between Mino-Ōta and Tajimi
TOICA is also usable in Suica accepting area (Greater Tokyo Area, Sendai, and Niigata) and ICOCA accepting area (Osaka-Kobe-Kyoto and Okayama-Hiroshima) and SUGOCA accepting area (Fukuoka-Saga). Suica (including Mobile Suica), ICOCA and SUGOCA are usable in TOICA accepting area as well. However, a card has to be used within a single area; for instance, it is not possible to use a card for the trip between Tokyo and Nagoya. The integrated service with Suica and ICOCA started in March 2008 and with SUGOCA in March 2011. Use in the PASMO, SUGOCA, or Kitaca service areas is valid since national integration of IC cards.
- JR Bulletin 057. JR Central. Accessed December 5, 2007.
- "Japan's prepaid transportation cards – IC cards – Japan Station". www.japanstation.com. Retrieved 2021-01-13.
- Japanese Wikipedia article of TOICA, retrieved on April 3, 2008.
- (in Japanese) Official website by JR Central
|past: Japanese Government Railways | Japanese National Railways | JNR Settlement Corporation|
|Passenger Railway Companies||JR Hokkaido||JR East||JR Central||JR-West||JR Shikoku||JR Kyushu|
|JR Bus Companies||JR Hokkaido Bus||JR Bus Tohoku
JR Bus Kanto
|JR Tokai Bus||West JR Bus
West Japan JR Bus Service
Chugoku JR Bus
Hikari Guru Rin Bus
|JR Shikoku Bus||JR Kyushu Bus|
|Smart cards||Kitaca||Suica||TOICA||ICOCA||ICOCA (SHIKOKU ICOCA)||SUGOCA|
|Others||JR Freight||RTRI||JR Systems|
|International operations||West Midlands Trains (JR East: 14.95%)|
|See also||Shinkansen - Railway Museum - Kyoto Railway Museum - SCMaglev and Railway Park - SoftBank Telecom|