Angel (Mika Newton song)
|Eurovision Song Contest 2011 entry|
|◄ "Sweet People" (2010)|
|"Be My Guest" (2012) ►|
The song won both the televote and jury voting in Ukraine's national final on February 26, 2011. However, because the voting procedure in this final was seen[by whom?] as inadequate a new final was scheduled to be held on March 3, 2011. After Jamala and Zlata Ognevich withdrew for this new final the days before it was scheduled to be held Newton became the artist to represent Ukraine, but on March 3, 2011, it was unknown which song she would perform on Eurovision. The next day Newton and the competition's organizer NTU declared that Angel would be sent to the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 "with better arrangements".
- Busa, Alexandru (2011-02-26). "Ukraine : Mika Newton goes to Düsseldorf". ESCToday. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- Busa, Alexandru (2011-02-28). "Ukraine expected to change Eurovision entry". EscToday.com. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- Hondal, Victor (2011-03-01). "Ukraine: Jamala withdraws from national final". EscToday.com. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- Busa, Alexandru (2011-03-01). "Ukraine: Zlata Ognevich withdraws as well". EscToday.com. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- Busa, Alexandru (2011-04-01). "Mika Newton to perform Angels in Düsseldorf". EscToday.com. Retrieved 4 March 2011.
- Mika Newton (Ukraine) 2nd press conference, European Broadcasting Union (6 May 2011)
- TopHit Track Info - Мика Ньютон - "Angel"
|This article relating to Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|