|Subsidiary of Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories|
|Headquarters||Daly City, CA|
|Paul Segre (President & CEO)|
Angel.com Incorporated was an American telecommunications company supplying interactive voice response, call center technology, and voice applications to businesses over the internet using the software as a service model. Angel was acquired in 2013 by Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories and rebranded as Genesys Cloud.
Angel was developed by the CEO of MicroStrategy Michael J. Saylor, in 1997 as DSS Telecaster and DSS Broadcaster and were then merged into Angel.com.[clarification needed] Moving away from the original telecaster idea, the company signed its first small business customers at the end of 2001 as a provider of hosted interactive voice response. With its roots as a MicroStrategy company, Genesys Cloud integrates with products from MicroStrategy as well as with Salesforce.com.
Angel.com was incorporated on April 30, 2008.
In 2009, Dave Rennyson, former VP of Sales at Angel, was named President and COO replacing long-time CEO Michael Zirngibl. In 2011, Angel introduced Voice for Twitter Voice for Facebook, and Voice for Chatter, applications that add voice capabilities to the popular social networks and Salesforce.com's internal social network, Chatter.
Angel.com shed the ".com" from its publicly branded name in August 2010 in an effort "to support its ongoing large-enterprise customer base" and remove legacy ties to the .com names that were popular 10 years earlier.
In March 2013, Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories acquired Angel, along with Utopy, a provider of workplace optimization solutions. Angel.com has migrated to Genesys.com/Angel in June 2014.
- "Microstrategy Telecaster Delivers E-Business Intelligence to Customers Directly Via the Telephone". The On-Line Executive Journal for Data-Intensive Decision Support (DSstar, discontinued in 2004) 3 (38). Tabor Communications. 1999-09-21. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Hickey, Andrew (2011-08-29). "Dreamforce 2011: 8 New Cloud, Social, Mobile Products To See" (slide show). CRN Magazine. UBM plc. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- "David Rennyson Named as New President and COO of Angel.com". PRWeb (Vocus). 2009-03-23. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Crandell, Christine (2011-09-11). "An Angel Brings Voice to Twitter". Forbes. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Carr, David F. (2011-08-03). "Facebook, Twitter Posts Can Be Voice Recordings". The BrainYard. InformationWeek. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Carr, David F. (2011-09-20). "Salesforce.com Chatter Gets Smart". The BrainYard. InformationWeek. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- "Angel Launches Angel 4 next-generation, enterprise communications platform in the cloud". Call Centre Clinic. 2010-08-24. Retrieved 2013-01-28.