Bishop of Kirkstall
On 29 April 2015, the Diocese of Leeds announced that the See of Richmond would be revived for a suffragan bishop to assist the Bishop of Leeds in his area bishop duties. The title had remained in abeyance since 1921. Paul Slater was consecrated to the See of Richmond on 19 July.
Richmond had been an episcopal title used by a suffragan bishop of the Diocese of Ripon, in the Province of York. The title took its name after the town of Richmond in North Yorkshire. First bishop, John Pulleine, was originally created the suffragan Bishop of Penrith in 1888, but his title was changed the following year to Richmond.
List of bishops
|Bishops of Richmond|
|1889||1913||John Pulleine ||His suffragan title was changed from Penrith to Richmond by Royal Warrant in 1889.|
|19 July 2015||2018||Paul Slater||Consecrated 19 July 2015.|
|Bishops of Kirkstall|
|2018||present||Paul Slater||continuing in translated See|
- Diocese of Leeds — New Suffragan Bishop for the Diocese (Accessed 13 July 2016)
- Diocese of Leeds — Archdeacon Paul Slater to be new Bishop of Richmond (Accessed 13 July 2016)
- Crockford's Clerical Directory (100th ed.). London: Church House Publishing. 2007. p. 948. ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0.
- "Who was Who" 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 071363457X
- Obituary - The Bishop Of Richmond, The Times, Wednesday, Apr 16, 1913; pg. 11; Issue 40187; col B.
|This Anglicanism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|