Ani ng Dangal
|Ani ng Dangal|
|Ani ng Dangal Award|
|Alternative names||Ani ng Dangal
Harvest of Honors
Ani ng Dangal or "Harvest of Honors" is a state recognition given by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts under the Office of the President of the Republic of the Philippines. It is an annual event in the Philippines celebrated as a highlight and concluding rite of the Philippine Arts Festival.
Philippine Arts Festival
February of every year is National Arts Month in the Philippines. Then President Corazon C. Aquino made this declaration in 1991 via Presidential Decree 683. For two decades the NCCA has been supporting various local projects and special events during National Arts Month to showcase the best of the Philippine artistic and cultural scene.
In 2009, the NCCA elevated what has been a national undertaking into a consolidated international event that is the Philippine Arts Festival (PAF). PAF is the NCCA’s contribution to the celebration of National Arts Month. Its tagline is “Ani ng Sining”, and the festival has proven through the years that is indeed a harvest for the arts.
The Ani ng Dangal is given to a natural-born Filipino artist or group that has reaped top honors in international events. Its coverage includes the seven art disciplines:
- Architecture and Allied Arts
- Dramatic Arts
- Literary Arts
- Visual Arts
- including Multi-Disciplinary Arts
Former recipients of the Ani Ng Dangal Awards include:
Kenneth Cobonpue, Auraeus Solito, Brillante Mendoza, Lav Diaz, Nora Aunor, Kara David, Sarah Geronimo, Wansapanataym, Imusicapella, University of the Philippines Singing Ambassadors, Samiweng Singers and UP Concert Chorus.
Jericho Rosales, Auraeus Solito, Bayanihan, Boyz Unlimited, Lea Salonga, Boy Abunda, Ateneo de Manila College Glee Club, Imusicapella, Samiweng Singers, Gerry Alanguilan, Niccolo Cosme, and Rodel Tapaya.
- Ani ng Dangal (PDF), Philippine Congress
- "Ani ng Sining". Senate of the Philippines. 2011.
- "Ani ng Dangal Guidelines". National Commission for Culture and the Arts.
- "NCAA celebrates arts month with Ani Ng Dangal awards | News | Philippine News". Filipinojournal.com. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- "National Arts Month Celebration Concludes with Ani ng Dangal Awards". National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA). 2016.