Asus Memo Pad ME172V
|Release date||January 2013|
|Operating system||Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)|
|CPU||ARM Cortex-A9 1 GHz, VIA WM8950 chipset|
|Memory||1 GB RAM|
|Storage||8 or 16 GB|
|Display||7-inch (180 mm) diagonal IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1024x600 pixels resolution, 170 ppi|
|Sound||MP3, WAV, eAAC+, WMA|
|Camera||1 MP front facing camera|
|Connectivity||3.5 mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4 GHz), Micro USB 2.0|
|Online services||Google Play|
|Dimensions||196.2 mm × 119.2 mm × 11.26 mm (7.72 in × 4.69 in × 0.44 in)|
|Weight||370 g (13 oz)|
|Related articles||Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet|
Asus Memo Pad ME172V is a low-end, budget Android tablet manufactured by Taiwanese corporation Asus. The tablet was announced and released in January 2013. At $149 (launch price) it was $50 cheaper than its competitors, the Google Nexus 7 and Amazon Kindle Fire HD, but critical design flaws led to poor ratings.
The device runs the operating system Android 4.1.1 (codename: Jelly Bean). Features of the tablet include a 7-inch IPS LCD display, 1 GHz single-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, 1 GB of RAM and 1 MP rear camera. The tablet has approximately a 7-hour battery life.
- PC Magazine compared the Asus to the Amazon Kindle Fire as a "solid alternative" but would not recommend the tablet for more that surfing the web and reading books. Disappointing battery life also hurt the tablets ratings.
- CNET also rated the Asus poorly, citing system crashes while playing games, poor battery life and is uncomfortable to hold.
- ASUS Memo Pad ME172V, GSMArena.com
- ASUS ME172V specs, first images and price leak out: the $129 tablet?, PhoneArena.com
- ASUS MeMO Pad specs, PhoneArena.com
- "Asus MeMO Pad ME172V | The Verge". The Verge.
- "ASUS MeMO Pad ME172V". Laptopmag.com.
- "ASUS MeMO Pad - Specifications". www.asus.com.
- "Asus MeMO Pad ME172V". pcmag.com.
- "Asus Memo Pad ME172V review: Cheap Jelly Bean tablet not worth its performance headaches". CNET.