Barking and Dagenham College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Barking and Dagenham College|
|Motto||More than a qualification|
|Local authority||London Borough of Barking and Dagenham|
|Age range||14 and up|
Barking & Dagenham College is a large further education college with approximately 12,500 students (of which 9000 are 19+ and 3,500 are age 16 – 18) located in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham in Dagenham, East London, England. The Principal/CEO is Yvonne Kelly.
It is one of the leading providers of intermediate, advanced and higher apprenticeship training in London, working with around 300 employer clients each year. Specialisms include Construction, Project Management, Human Resources Management, Business and Pharmacy. The college has 12,500 students and an annual turnover of £36 million (Source: Audited Accounts 2015/2016).[better source needed]
In 2015 the College became a Digital & Creative Industries Career College.
In October 2017 the College and Huawei, a global information and communications technology solutions provider, launched a Huawei Authorized Information Network Academy. This not-for-profit partnership programme allows the College to deliver Huawei Certification training to its students.
- Idris Elba, British actor, producer, musician, and DJ. He is best known for playing DCI John Luther on the BBC One series Luther as well as the narcotrafficker Stringer Bell in the HBO series The Wire.
- Adam Gemili, British Sprinter. He is the 2014 European champion at 200 metres, and 4 x 100 metres relay, and part of the Great Britain team that won gold in the 2017 World Championships in the same event
- Shaun Escoffery, a British soul and R&B singer and actor. Shaun currently plays Musafa in the Lion King.
- Razaaq Adoti a British actor, producer and screenwriter. Adoti was cast as Yamba in Steven Spielberg’s feature epic, Amistad alongside Anthony Hopkins, Morgan Freeman and Matthew McConaughey.
- Kano, English rapper and actor from East Ham, London.
- Marianne Jean-Baptiste, actress, singer-songwriter, composer and director, best known for her roles as Hortense Cumberbatch in Secrets & Lies (1996), for which she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- Andi Osho, stand-up comedian and presenter
- Ricky Norwood, actor who played Fatboy in the BBC soap opera EastEnders
- Emmanuel Nwamadi, participant at The Voice UK, Series 4.
- "Audited accounts year ended 31st July 2016" (PDF).
- "Barking & Dagenham - Career Colleges Trust". Career Colleges Trust. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- "Huawei partners with London college to foster technology skills".
- "Mayor of London awards £5m funding to Barking and Dagenham College".
- "The Lion King Cast".
- "Fatboy played by Ricky Norwood". BBC Online. Archived from the original on 27 January 2010. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- "Ricky Norwood (EastEnders: E20) Interview". Last Broadcast. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- Davies, Rachel. "College gets behind The Voice finalist Emmanuel - College gets behind The Voice finalist Emmanuel". www.barkingdagenhamcollege.ac.uk. Retrieved 2015-05-31.
|This United Kingdom university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|