Benton Township, Monroe County, Indiana
Honey Creek School, a historic site in the township
Location in Monroe County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||56.61 sq mi (146.6 km2)|
|• Land||54.92 sq mi (142.2 km2)|
|• Water||1.69 sq mi (4.4 km2) 2.99%|
|Elevation||797 ft (243 m)|
|• Density||61.1/sq mi (23.6/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46151, 47401, 47408, 47468|
|GNIS feature ID||0453106|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 56.61 square miles (146.6 km2), of which 54.92 square miles (142.2 km2) (or 97.01%) is land and 1.69 square miles (4.4 km2) (or 2.99%) is water.
The township trustee is responsible for four cemeteries: Fleener/Richardson, Stepp, Brock, and Taylor/McGowan/Frye.
- Beanblossom Lake
- Cherry Lake
- Lazy Lake
- Monroe County Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 60
- State Senate District 40
- "Benton Township, Monroe County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Lawrence and Monroe Counties, Indiana: Their People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. 1914. p. 404.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Morgan, Monroe and Brown, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 531.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Benton Township
||Washington Township||Washington Township, Morgan County|
|Bloomington Township||Jackson Township, Brown County|
|Perry Township||Salt Creek Township||Washington Township, Brown County|