|Municipality of Berovo|
|Region||Eastern Statistical Region|
|• Mayor||Dzvonko Pekevski (SDSM)|
|• Total||598.7 km2 (231.2 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
Berovo (Macedonian: Берово [ˈbɛrɔvɔ] ( listen)) is a municipality in eastern part of Republic of Macedonia. Berovo is also the name of the town where the municipal seat is found. Berovo Municipality is part of the Eastern Statistical Region.
The municipality borders
- Pehčevo Municipality, Delčevo Municipality, and Vinica Municipality to the north,
- Radoviš Municipality and Vasilevo Municipality to the west,
- Bosilovo Municipality and Novo Selo Municipality to the south, and
- Bulgaria to the east.
According to the last National census from 2002 this municipality has 13,941 inhabitants.
Ethnic groups in the municipality include:
- Macedonians = 13,335 (95.7%)
- Roma = 459 (3.3%)
|Demographics of Berovo Municipality|
|2002[permanent dead link]||13,941|
- 2002 census results in English and Macedonian (PDF)