Municipality of Ohrid
The Church of St. John at Kaneo above the lake
|Region||Southwestern Statistical Region|
|• Mayor||Konstantin Georgievski|
|• Total||389.93 km2 (150.55 sq mi)|
|• Density||142.97/km2 (370.3/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|Official name||Natural and Cultural Heritage of the Ohrid region|
|Criteria||Cultural and Natural: (i)(iii)(iv)(vii)|
|Inscription||1979 (3rd Session)|
|Area||83,350 ha (206,000 acres)|
The Municipality of Ohrid (Macedonian: Општина Охрид) is a municipality in the southwestern part of the Republic of North Macedonia. Ohrid is also the name of the city where the municipal seat is found. Ohrid Municipality is in the Southwestern Statistical Region.
Ohrid Municipality borders
- Debarca Municipality to the west and north,
- Resen Municipality to the east, and
- Demir Hisar Municipality to the northeast.
- According to the national census of 2002, the municipality of Ohrid, before the attachment of Kosel Municipality, had 54,380 inhabitants; according to the census of 1994, it had 52,732.
- The former Kosel Municipality had a population of 1,369 in 2002 and 1,759 in 1994.
The present-day combined municipality has 55,749 residents.
Ethnic groups in the municipality include:
- Macedonians, 47,344 (84.9%)
- Albanians, 2,962 (5.3%)
- Turks, 2,268 (4.1%)
- Serbs, 366 (0.7%)
- others, 2,809 (5.0%)
The municipality has 29 inhabited places, one town and 28 villages.
|Inhabited places in Ohrid Municipality|
|Village(s): Šipokno | Dolno Lakočerej | Gorno Lakočerej | Elšani | Elešec | Konjsko | Lagadin | Leskoec | Orman | Peštani | Ljubaništa | Rača | Ramne | Sveti Stefan | Trpejca | Velestovo | Velgošti | Kosel | Kuratica | Livoišta | Openica | Plakje | Rasino | Rečica | Sirula | Skrebatno | Sviništa | Vapila | Zavoj||Town(s): Ohrid|
- 2002 census results in English and Macedonian (PDF)