Bithumb is a South Korean cryptocurrency exchange.
In June 2017 hackers stole user information from a Bithumb employee's personal computer.
In June 2018 about $32 million of cryptocurrency was stolen from Bithumb in a hack.
In October 2018 BK Global Consortium signed a deal to buy a majority share of BTC Holding Co. which is Bithumb's largest investor.
- "One of the Biggest Ethereum and Bitcoin Exchanges Got Hacked". Fortune. July 5, 2017.
- "Authorities raid South Korea's largest cryptocurrency exchanges". CNBC. January 10, 2018.
- "Korea's No. 2 digital coin exchange Bithumb slapped with W30b taxes". The Investor. January 10, 2018.
- "Korea's major crypto exchange Bithumb hacked; coins worth $32 million stolen". The Korean Times. June 20, 2018.
- "Plastic Surgeon Buys $352 Million Stake in South Korea Crypto Exchange". Bloomberg. October 11, 2018.
|This article about a cryptocurrency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|