|Elevation||3,540 ft (1,080 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
The town is bordered by Luzinga to the northeast, Butamira to the southeast, Mabira to the south, Mawoto to the west and Kiroro to the north. Buwenge is situated on the Jinja–Kamuli–Mbulamuti Road, approximately 29 kilometres (18 mi), by road, north of Jinja, the largest city in Busoga sub-region. This is about 36 kilometres (22 mi), by road, south of Kamuli. The coordinates of the town are:0°39'01.0"N, 33°10'13.0"E (Latitude:0.650278; Longitude:33.170278).
In 2002, the national census estimated the population of the town at 14,461. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of Buwenge at approximately 17,800. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Buwenge at 18,200. In 2014, the national census put the population of the town at 22,074.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are found within the limits of town or close to its orders:
- The headquarters of Jinja District Administration
- The offices of Buwenge Town Council
- Buwenge General Hospital - A 200-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Buwenge Central Market
- The Jinja–Kamuli–Mbulamuti Road passes through the middle of town in a north to south direction.
- UBOS (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- Musingo, Doreen (27 August 2009). "Jinja Municipality to gain city status". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- GFC (12 May 2016). "Distance between Buwenge, Eastern Region, Uganda and Jinja Municipality, Eastern Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- GFC (12 May 2016). "Distance between Buwenge, Eastern Region, Uganda and Kamuli, Eastern Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- Google (28 February 2015). "Location of Buwenge At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- UBOS, . (2012). "Estimated Population of Buwenge In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2014. Retrieved 28 February 2015.