This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Neighborhood of Cincinnati|
California (red) within Cincinnati
California, Cincinnati is a small neighborhood in the city of Cincinnati, also commonly called Grove Park, after Coney Island's original name. It is located at the confluence of the Little Miami River and Ohio River. Because of this, many of its historical homes have water damage. It is not uncommon to see a home with two or three stories only being inhabited on the uppermost story. It is also the location of the Greater Cincinnati Water Works' main treatment plant. California borders the Cincinnati neighborhoods of Mt. Washington, Linwood, the East End, and Columbia-Tusculum, as well as Anderson Township.
California has earned the nickname "Cincinnati's Playland" because of its many recreation destinations. These include:
- Coney Island
- Riverbend Music Center
- Belterra Park Gaming & Entertainment Center
- California Woods nature preserve
- "Towns named after states". Reading Eagle. Jul 2, 1897. p. 3. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- Federal Writers' Project (1943). "Cincinnati, a Guide to the Queen City and Its Neighbors". p. 246. Retrieved 2013-05-04.
- Davis, Jr., Henry Blaine (1998). Generals in Khaki. Raleigh, NC: Pentland Press, Inc. p. 109. ISBN 1571970886.