Rural Municipality of Caron No. 162
|Caron No. 162|
|Rural Municipality||December 9, 1912|
|• Total||569.87 km2 (220.03 sq mi)|
|• Density||0.9/km2 (2/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC (UTC-6)|
Caron No. 162, Saskatchewan is a rural municipality of 500 rural residents (2006 census) in the southwestern part of Saskatchewan, Canada. The RM was incorporated December 9, 1912. Other localities in the area include Abound, Archydal, Archydal Airport, Caron, Grayburn, and Grayburn Airport, McKeown Airport. Besant Park Campground and Recreation Area is along the Trans Canada Highway. The village of Caronport is enclaved in the R.M., just a little northeast of its centre, and is not technically part of Caron No. 162. The Burrowing Owl (Athene cunicularia), an endangered animal, makes its home in this area. As well, the Smooth Arid Goosefoot (Chenopodium subglabrum) and Long-billed Curlew (Numenius americanus) is of special concern in the ecoregion.
A rural municipality is an administrative district consisting of an elected reeve, councilors, administrator who provide essential services within their area.
A person could work for the municipality and have his earnings put toward the taxes on his land; at one time, money collected in each Division stayed in that Division....The RM has as its responsibilities for many areas: agricultural programs and concerns in general; tax collections for needs of the municipality - road construction and maintenance; protective services - pest control, fire protection, weed control, environmental development, cultural and educational services; medical and veterinary needs and so forth.— Tecumseh No. 65
- "MRD Municipal Status Information", Ministry of Municipal Affairs, Government of Saskatchewan, archived from the original (– Scholar search) on 2008-03-25, retrieved 2007-12-29
- Saskatchewan Genealogy Association, retrieved 2007-12-29
- "4707036 - Caron No. 162, geographical codes and localities, 2006", Statistics Canada, Government of Canada, retrieved 2007-12-29
- "Caron No. 162", Sask biz, Government of Saskatchewan, retrieved 2007-12-29
- "Saskatchewan Conservation Data Centre - Conservation Database". Saskatchewan Conservation Data Centre. 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- Sask Biz, Government of Saskatchewan (2004), Tecumseh No. 65, retrieved 2007-12-27
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- "Caron No. 162, Saskatchewan, Canada, North America". World Index. Rumbletum.org. 2004. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- Map of Caron No. 162 at Statcan
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority - SREDA
- Saskatchewan, Canada, Rand McNally 1924 Indexed Pocket Map Tourists' and Shippers' Guide
- GeoNames Query
- Post Offices and Postmasters - ArchiviaNet - Library and Archives Canada
- Saskatchewan Gen Web - One Room School Project
- Canadian Maps: January 1925 Waghorn's Guide. Post Offices in Man. Sask. Alta. and West Ontario.
- Saskatoon Gen Web
- "MRD Rural Municipality (RM) Boundary maps", Ministry of Municipal Affairs, Government of Saskatchewan, archived from the original (– Scholar search) on 2007-12-08, retrieved 2007-12-29