Chinese Taipei Football Association
|Chinese Taipei Football Association|
Chinese Taipei Football Association (CTFA) is the governing body for football in the Republic of China (commonly known as Taiwan). Its official name in Chinese is the Football Association of the Republic of China, but it is billed as the "Chinese Taipei Football Association" abroad and uses the English initials on its badge (see Chinese Taipei for details on the political reasons and issues related to the use of this sporting name for the Republic of China).
- 1924: Established.
- 1954: Admitted to FIFA as the China National Football Association (Chinese: 中國足球協會).
- 1954: Formed and entered the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) as a founding member with various other Asian countries. At that time, the name of the governing body was Republic of China Football Council (Chinese: 中華民國足球委員會).
- 1973: Changed the name of the governing body to the Republic of China Football Association (Chinese: 中華民國足球協會).
- 1974: Exited the AFC.
- 1975: Admitted to the Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) as a provisional member.
- 1976: Became regular member of the OFC.
- 1978: Suspended from the OFC due to naming problems.
- 1981: With the agreement of FIFA, changed its external name to the Chinese Taipei Football Association.
- 1982: Re-admitted to the OFC.
- 1989: Re-admitted to the AFC.
- Taiwan Football Premier League, men's top flight football establish in 2017
- Chinese Taipei FA Cup, men's top knockout cup
- Intercity Football League, (2009-2016)
- Chinese Taipei National Football League, top league until 2009
- Chinese Taipei women's football championship, women's top league
- Highschool Football League
- Chinese Taipei National Youth Cup
Regional football associations
- Taipei Football Association (Taipei City)
- Taoyuan Football Association (Taoyuan City)
- Taoyuan Football Association was founded on October 27, 2002, and is dedicated to promoting children's football in Taoyuan City.
- Taichung Football Association (Taichung City)
- Hualien Football Association (Hualien County)
- Hualien Football Association was founded on December 30, 2007.
- Football in Taiwan
- Chinese Taipei national football team
- Chinese Taipei women's national football team
- Asian Football Confederation
- East Asian Football Federation
- Judan Ali
- Darby, Paul (8 October 2013). "Africa, Football and FIFA: Politics, Colonialism and Resistance". Routledge. Retrieved 3 August 2017 – via Google Books.
- "會史". Chinese Taipei Football Association. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- OFC History oceaniafootball.com
- 花蓮縣足球協會年底(30日)將新成立大會 (in Chinese). Chinese Taipei Football Association. December 27, 2007.
- Official website (in Chinese)
- Chinese Taipei at the FIFA website.
- Chinese Taipei at the AFC website.
|This article about an association football-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Taiwanese organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|