Afghanistan Football Federation
The Afghanistan Football Federation is the governing body of football in Afghanistan, controlling the Afghanistan national football team. It was founded in 1933 and has been a member of FIFA since 1948 and the Asian Football Confederation since 1954. It has been much more active since the fall of the Taliban in 2001.
The Afghanistan national football team won the 2013 South Asian Football Federation Championship, which was their first ever international football trophy. In early 2014, at the FIFA Ballon d'Or ceremony, the Afghanistan Football Federation was awarded the FIFA Fair Play Award for 2013.
- Qadiry, Tahir. "BBC News - Roshan Afghan Premier League a hit with fans". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- "FIFA Awards Afghanistan 'Fair Play Award For 2013'". Rferl.org. 2014-01-14. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- Official website (Persian)
- Official website (English)
- Afghanistan at FIFA website
- Afghanistan at AFC website
- Afghanistan Football Federation President
- Afghanistan Football Federation General-Secretary
|This article related to sport in Afghanistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Association football-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|