Commercial products based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
There are a number of commercial products based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). Information about these products and the version of RHEL they are based on is often difficult to come by, since this fact is not widely publicised. Sometimes it is possible to run the 'uname -r' command to see the kernel release and then cross-reference in the version history section of the RHEL page.
- Asianux 1.0 is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0.
- Asianux 2.0 is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0.
- Autodesk Media and Entertainment
- Avaya's Communication Manager VoIP-PBX software is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
- F5 Networks BIG-IP
- The BIG-IP product line runs an operating system derived from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4.
- Check Point SecurePlatform
- Check Point SecurePlatform NG is based on Red Hat Linux 7.2 
- Check Point SecurePlatform NGX is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0
- Check Point SecurePlatform 2.6 has kernel based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and user space based on RHEL 3 
- Check Point SecurePlatform R70 is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
- Check Point Gaia is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2.
Check Point SecurePlatform VSX R67 is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2. 
- Crossbeam Systems
- COS - operating system for C-series of appliances
- XOS - operating system for X-series of appliances
- Egenera cBlade - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1
- Egenera BladeFrame OS 3.2 runs kernel 2.4.9−e.39
- Egenera BladeFrame OS 4.0 runs kernel 2.4.9−e.43
- Oracle Linux
- Thales Computers is embedding Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5 with its boards products, small and HPC turn-key computers
- Trend Micro Interscan Messaging Security Virtual Appliance 7.0 is based on CentOS 5.0 (a re-compilation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0)
- VMware ESX Server is VMware's enterprise-class virtualization platform. It contains two parts: the VMkernel, a proprietary hypervisor, and a Service Console, which supports various management interfaces. The Service Console is also known as the Console Operating System (COS). The Service Console is based on following Red Hat products:
- ESX Server 2.x Service Console is based on Red Hat Linux 7.2
- ESX Server 3.0 Service Console is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0 Update 6. 
- ESX Server 3.5 Service Console is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0 Update 8. 
- ESX Server 4.0 Service Console is "compatible with" Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2.