|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Many people emigrated to Dhubulia from Bangladesh at the time of the partition of India in 1947. Initially, there were several camps set up by the government which were referred to by numbers. Today there are many places where the old numbering system is still used.
During WW2 No. 99 Squadron RAF was based there.
Dhubulia is located at.
Most of the land is either undeveloped or used for cultivation. Typical crops are rice, wheat, mustard, jute and vegetables.
Many of the people depend on cultivation and handloom tant; beautifully designed "tant saree" are produced here.
- Shayama Prasad Shikshayatan High School
- Nivedidita Balika Vidyalaya
- Dhubulia Deshbandhu High School
- Dhubulia Subhas Chandra Valika Vidyalaya
- Nawpara rupdha high school(h.s)