|Carmen , Suman|
Number of employees
Dish Home is the only DTH service provider in Nepal operated by Dish Media Network Pvt. Ltd. Dish Home was formed on 2010 after a merger between two DTH providers, namely Home TV and Dish Nepal. By the end of the first quarter of 2013, Dish Home had crossed the 200,000 subscriber mark. As of jun, 2015 Dish Home has a total of 110 television channels, including 95 standard channels and 15 HD channels. It provides all the major Nepali channels and Hindi language general entertainment channels including other pay channels of sports, music, news and kids genre.
Dish Home uses MPEG-4 with DVB S2 digital compression technology, transmitting HD Channels and SD Channels in Ku-Band on Intelsat 906 at 64.2°E. Dish Home relays on CAS from Verimatrix and Latens. Their STBs are provisioned by SandMartin and Arion. Its primary competitors are cable television and other DTH service providers from India and China.
On 17 July 2013, Dish Home temporarily shut down its transmission due to termination of its contract by the Hong Kong based PCCW Global, distributors of Intelsat for Nepal. After the service interruption from Intelsat 906, Dish Home managed to transmit its channels via Yamal 402 at 54.9°E and requested customer to change the direction of their dish antenna to get the service. On 19 July 2013, Dish Home switched back its service through Intelsat 906 again.
As of October 2014, a PVR enabled set top box with a satellite dish costs Rs. 3,999 (inclusive of VAT & installation charge) whereas a HD & PVR ready set top box with a satellite dish costs Rs. 5,999 (inclusive of VAT & installation charge). The 'Basic' bouquet of 60 channels costs Rs. 300/month; 'Medium' bouquet of 70 channels Rs. 400/month and 'Deluxe' bouquet of 80 channels Rs. 500/month. In addition to these packages, a special addon HD package of 15 HD channels cost Rs. 200/month. All prices are inclusive of VAT.
Its recharge cards are available widely all over Nepal. Subscribers can also pay for their services via kiosks installed at most major malls and junctions across Kathmandu.
- "Home TV and Dish Nepal merged". www.ktm2day.com.
- "Nepal´s DTH provider Dish media crosses 200000 subscriber mark". nextvasia.com.
- Intelsat 906 at 64.2°E.LyngSat. Retrieved on 2013-12-08.
- Dish Home´s DTH service disrupted due to satellite switchover. Retrieved on 2013-12-13.
- Dish Home service goes off air‚ two lakh subscribers hit. The Himalayan Times. Retrieved on 2013-12-13.
- DishHome . DishHome || Packages. Retrieved on 2014-10-9.
- Dish Home | Easy Pay Nepal . Easy Pay Nepal.Also can recharged from various online paying such as epay and other. Retrieved on 2014-10-9.