eSentral or e-Sentral is a Malaysian e-Book store for South East Asian market. It was first introduced in October 2011 by three entrepreneurs, Faiz Al-Shahab, Syed Irfan, and Iszuddin Ismail, as a private funded initiative, and received Series A funding from a Malaysian venture capital firm late 2012. eSentral is operated by a private limited company, Xentral Methods. eSentral, a derivation of the word "sentral", meaning central or focal point in Bahasa, indicates a digital marketplace for contents delivered via bandwidth.
eSentral was the first eBook portal in South East Asia to operate with Digital Rights Management via its own proprietary encryption system.
eSentral has grown to be the biggest repository of eBooks in South East Asia.
eSentral also became the first company to introduce bluetooth beacon technology in distributing eBooks for micro-location premises. This was first demonstrated in Kuala Lumpur International Airport in September 2015.
- Buku Elektronik eSentral, http://berita.cari.com.my/news.php?id=14102, source: Berita Harian, 5 October 2011
- "Mudah dan senang di bawa ke mana-mana sahaja" (in Malay), source: KOSMO, 13 June 2013
- More room for local authors by Elizabeth Tai, http://www.thestar.com.my/Lifestyle/Books/News/2012/01/03/More-room-for-local-authors/, source: The Star, 3 January 2012
- Being smart about online reading by Kathleen Tan, http://www.nama.com.my/PRINT_NEWS/2014/06/21/20140621_N60_THT_TEC_50_FC_BEING~ABOUT~ONLINE~READING.JPG, source: The Heat, 21 June 2014
- migration (2015-09-30). "Pinjam e-buku di KLIA, Berita Dunia - BeritaHarian.sg". BeritaHarian. Retrieved 2016-04-27.