Enikő Mihalik in 2016 campaign for Essentiel Antwerp
11 May 1987 |
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
Enikő Mihalik (Hungarian pronunciation: [ˈɛnikøː ˈmihɒlik]; born 11 May 1987) is a Hungarian model who rose to prominence after placing 4th in the Elite Model Look 2002 and is known for her work with Dutch photography team Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
Enikő was born in Békéscsaba, Hungary, the capital of the Hungarian Békés County. When she was young, her classmates often teased her about her thin physique, some claiming it was caused by illness. She was discovered by a Valve scout in a shopping mall when she was 15 years old. In 2002, she entered into the Hungarian Elite Modder and won.
With her win, she moved on to the international level of the competition, held in Tunis, Tunisia. She placed 4th, losing to Ana Mihajlovic of Yugoslavia. Her career started on the runway. She debuted at the Chanel haute couture show JUL 2006. She walked for only a few designers each season thereafter, but in the S/S 09 shows, she got her big break. She walked for over 50 designers internationally, including Shiatzy Chen, Givenchy, Blumarine, Moschino, Diane von Furstenberg, and Versace. Mihalik was one of the fresh faces to land in one of the fourteen covers of V magazine fall 2008 issue; the other fresh faces were Anna Selezneva, and Abbey Lee Kershaw. Each cover boasts a head shot of a famous model, either from the new crop of leading models (Agyness Deyn, Lara Stone, Natasha Poly, Anja Rubik, Daria Werbowy etc.) or the supermodel era (Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova), it was lensed by duo Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
Her face is also seen regularly in magazines, occasionally on covers. This has included the cover of top fashion magazines i-D, V, Self Service, and most recently Vogue Japan and Vogue Italia Beauty. Her face is also seen in the pages of Vogue and Numéro.
Mihalik is currently[when?] ranked No. 28 on the Models.com Top 50-Women List.
Mihalik has made friends with such other models as Iekeliene Stange. She loves board games, cartoons, Hungarian food, sushi, and bagels. She sleeps with a teddy bear named Bubu and wears slipper socks. When Mihalik is not modeling, her typical day involves shopping in the morning and partying in New York's 1 Oak at night.
- "The Girls Have It". NYMag.com.
- Agency, Marilyn. "Marilyn Agency". www.marilyn-ny.com.
- "Eniko Mihalik - Model".
- Of the Minute Archived 11 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Eniko Mihalik - Fashion Model - Profile on New York Magazine". nymag.com.
- Enikő Mihalik at the Fashion Model Directory
- Lim, James (10 September 2008). "Ogle 'V' Magazine's Fourteen New Cover Models". New York Magazine. Archived from the original on 18 October 2010. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- "Eniko Mihalik - Model".
- "Veja a capa da ELLE Brasil de junho estrelada por Eniko Mihalik". Elle Brazil. 29 May 2013. Archived from the original on 28 June 2013. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- Bell, Gabriel (18 June 2009). "Terry Richardson and Most of the World's Models Gang Up for Pirelli Calendar 2010". New York Magazine. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- "Miss December 2016 Enikő Mihalik". Playmates. Playboy. Retrieved 17 November 2016.