|Motto||The New Era of Education / Epoka e Re e Arsimimit|
|Type||Private university. Study levels offered: Bachelor, Master, PhD|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Güngör Turan|
|Colors||Blue and white|
|Affiliations||Magna Charta Universitatum, Gülen movement, Balkan Universities Network|
Epoka University (EU) is a private non-profit university founded in 2007 in Tirana, Albania. The university received accreditation by the Albanian Agency for Accreditation of Higher Education in 2011. It offers Bachelor, Master of Science, Professional Master and PhD degrees. There are six PhD programs that are administered solely by Epoka staff in: Architecture, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Economics, Political Science and International Relations and Business Administration. It offers a joint degree with Leeds Metropolitan University.
The university identifies itself as secular; independent sources assert that it is part of the Gülen movement, which has been active in Albania since 1992 and owns/operates a number of schools (including Epoka) through the Turgut Özal Education Company.
Epoka is an authorised IELTS registration Centre for the British Council in Albania. The university is a signatory of Magna Charta Universitatum and a member of the UNESCO based worldwide association of International Association of Universities.
Epoka University has two faculties, the Faculty of Architecture and Engineering and the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, eight academic departments, and two research centers:
- Banking and Finance
- Business and Management|Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics and Digital Communication Engineering
- Business Informatics
- Political Science and International Relations
- Center of European Studies
- Earthquake and Construction Technologies Research Center
The language of instruction at Epoka University is English. The study programs are compatible with the Bologna system. The Rinas campus is located 12 km (30 minutes) from the city center, near the Tirana International Airport.
- List of universities in Albania
- List of colleges and universities
- List of colleges and universities by country
- "APAAL- Albanian Public Accreditation Agency". Ministry of Education and Sports. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- Administrator. "EPOKA University". Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- "Programs offered". Epoka. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Webometrics Ranking of World Universities for Albania, http://www.webometrics.info/en/Europe/Albania?page=0
- Article 5 of the Statute, http://www.epoka.edu.al/?lang=EN&pid=2&catid=1&menuid=404
- Kerem Öktem, 2012, "Global Diyanet and Multiple Networks: Turkey's New Presence in the Balkans", Journal of Muslims in Europe, 1/1, pp. 27-58
- Kerem Öktem, "New Islamic actors after the Wahhabi intermezzo: Turkey’s return to the Muslim Balkans", European Studies Centre, University of Oxford, December 2010
- Ky Krauthamer, "In Albania, Madrasas Even the Secular Love", Transitions Online, 19 October 2012
- email@example.com, Denis Omeri,. "Turgut Ozal Colleges". Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- "Official IELTS registration centers". British Council. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "Magna Charta Members". Magna Charta. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- "International Association of Universities". IAU. Retrieved 26 December 2013.