Fairplay Township, Greene County, Indiana
Location in Greene County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||26.19 sq mi (67.8 km2)|
|• Land||25.85 sq mi (67.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.33 sq mi (0.9 km2) 1.26%|
|Elevation||499 ft (152 m)|
|• Density||22.2/sq mi (8.6/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453288|
|Source: US Census Bureau|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 26.19 square miles (67.8 km2), of which 25.85 square miles (67.0 km2) (or 98.70%) is land and 0.33 square miles (0.85 km2) (or 1.26%) is water. The stream of Lattas Creek runs through this township.
Cities and towns
- Switz City (east quarter)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Jefferson Township (north)
- Highland Township (northeast)
- Richland Township (east)
- Taylor Township (southeast)
- Washington Township (southwest)
- Grant Township (west)
- Smith Township (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Castle Hill.
Airports and landing strips
- Martin Wines, state representative
- "Fairplay Township, Greene County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Greene County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|