Jefferson Township, Greene County, Indiana
View of Worthington, in Jefferson Township
Location in Greene County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||32.55 sq mi (84.3 km2)|
|• Land||32.41 sq mi (83.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.14 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.43%|
|Elevation||597 ft (182 m)|
|• Density||64.6/sq mi (24.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453485|
|Source: US Census Bureau|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 32.55 square miles (84.3 km2), of which 32.41 square miles (83.9 km2) (or 99.57%) is land and 0.14 square miles (0.36 km2) (or 0.43%) is water. The streams of Bunnell Branch, Corbin Creek, Eel River and Lemon Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Jefferson Township, Owen County (north)
- Franklin Township, Owen County (northeast)
- Highland Township (east)
- Richland Township (southeast)
- Fairplay Township (south)
- Smith Township (west)
The township contains eight cemeteries: Barton, Bullerman, Dixon, Griffith, Hayes, Oak Grove, Stanley and Steward.
- "Jefferson Township, Greene County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Greene County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|