Federal Correctional Institution, Oxford
|Location||New Chester, Adams County,|
near Oxford, Wisconsin
|Security class||Medium-security (with minimum-security prison camp)|
|Population||1,000 (200 in prison camp)|
|Managed by||Federal Bureau of Prisons|
|Warden||Louis Williams II|
The Federal Correctional Institution, Oxford (FCI Oxford) is a medium-security United States federal prison for male inmates in Wisconsin. It is operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, a division of the United States Department of Justice. The facility also has an adjacent satellite prison camp that houses minimum-security male offenders.
On June 21, 2011, Timothy Washington, a 48-year-old inmate serving a sentence for drug trafficking stabbed another inmate with a homemade prison weapon known as a shank. The victim suffered 16 stab wounds, but survived the assault. Washington pleaded guilty to assault with a dangerous weapon in February 2012 and was sentenced to an additional 33 months in prison. He was transferred to a high-security facility and is scheduled for release in 2026.
Notable inmates (current and former)
|Inmate name||Register number||Photo||Status||Details|
|Dan Rostenkowski||25338-016||Released in 1997 after serving 17 months; pardoned in 2000 by President Bill Clinton.||Former Illinois Congressman and Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee; arrested in connection with the Jack Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal; pleaded guilty to mail fraud in 1996 for using federal money to pay for personal favors and gifts.|
|George Papadopoulos||91344-083||Released on December 7, 2018, after serving 12 days of a 14-day sentence.||Pleaded guilty to making a false statement to FBI investigators, a felony.|
- "FCI Oxford". Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- "Federal Prison Inmate Sentenced for Assault". Federal Bureau of Investigation. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- "Inmate Locator - Timothy C. Washington". Federal Bureau of Prisons. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- "Dan Rostenkowski, Ex-Rep. Sent to Prison, Dies". CBS News. August 11, 2012. Retrieved October 13, 2015.
- Rosenbaum, David E. (April 10, 1996). "Rostenkowski Pleads Guilty To Mail Fraud". The New York Times. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- "Dan Rostenkowski, Ex-Rep. Sent to Prison, Dies". CBS News. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- "Ex-Trump campaign adviser Papadopoulos reports to prison". Washington Post.
- "George Papadopoulos released from prison two days early". Fox News.
- Bump, Phillip (October 30, 2017). "Paul Manafort: A FAQ about Trump's indicted former campaign chairman". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on November 9, 2017. Retrieved October 30, 2017.