Federal Correctional Institution, Pollock
near Pollock, Louisiana
|Managed by||Federal Bureau of Prisons|
The Federal Correctional Institution, Pollock (FCI Pollock) is a medium-security United States federal prison for male inmates in Louisiana. It is part of the Pollock Federal Correctional Complex and operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, a division of the United States Department of Justice.
FCC Pollock is located in central Louisiana, approximately 15 miles north of Alexandria.
FCI Pollock was constructed between 2005 and 2007. It was built by Flintco, an Oklahoma-based construction company which DiversityBusiness.com listed as the top Native American owned company in 2010.
Notable Inmates (current and former)
|Inmate Name||Register Number||Status||Details|
|Gene Gotti||04193-016||Served 29 years of a 50-year sentence; paroled on September 14, 2018.†||Associate of the Gambino crime family in New York City and brother of Boss John Gotti; convicted in 1989 of running a multimillion-dollar heroin ring.|
|Shi Lei||88784-022||Serving a 36-year sentence; scheduled for release in 2033.||Former cook; convicted in 2005 of using violence to seize and exercise control of a vessel in international waters for murdering Captain Chen Chung-She and First Mate Le Da Feng during an unsuccessful hijacking attempt in 2002.|
|Richard Scutari||34840-080||Serving a 60-year sentence; eligible for parole in 2025.†||Former security chief for the white supremacist group The Order and FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitive; pleaded guilty in 1986 to committing a $3.8 million armored car robbery to finance an effort to overthrow the US government.|
- "FCI Pollock". Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- Bergeron, Angelle. "Crime Pays: Precast Pollock prison benefits contractors, community". The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- "Capital Asset Plan and Business Case Summary: FCI Pollock, LA" (PDF). Federal Bureau of Prisons. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- "History of the Federal Parole System". US Department of Justice. Archived from the original on 13 March 2013. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- Marzulli, John (April 19, 2007). "Gotti's jailed kid bro shows strain". New York Daily News. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- Morgan, Thomas (May 24, 1989). "Gene Gotti Guilty in Heroin and Racketeering Case". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- May, Allan. "John Gotti, the Last Mafia Icon". 2013 Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- Lum, Curtis (February 24, 2006). "Former cook sentenced to 36 years for boat killings". Honolulu Advertiser. Honolulu Advertiser. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- Reuters (June 7, 1986). "AROUND THE NATION; Figure in Plot Gets 60-Year Prison Term". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- "Extremism in America: Richard Scutari". 2005 Anti-Defamation League. Retrieved 16 March 2013.