UFC Fight Night: de Randamie vs. Ladd
|UFC Fight Night: de Randamie vs. Ladd|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: de Randamie vs. Ladd.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||July 13, 2019|
|Venue||Golden 1 Center|
UFC Fight Night: de Randamie vs. Ladd (also known as UFC Fight Night 155 or UFC on ESPN+ 13) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that was held on July 13, 2019 at Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California.
It marked the return of former WEC Featherweight Champion, former UFC Bantamweight Championship challenger and 2017 UFC Hall of Fame inductee Urijah Faber who returned to action 30 months after announcing his retirement. He faced Ricky Simon in a bantamweight bout.
A women's strawweight bout between Cynthia Calvillo and former Invicta FC Strawweight Champion Lívia Renata Souza was scheduled for this event. However it was reported on June 7, that Calvillo broke her foot and was forced to pull out of the bout. Souza instead faced fellow former Invicta FC Strawweight champion Brianna Van Buren.
A middleweight bout between Karl Roberson and John Phillips was scheduled for this event. However on June 14, it was reported that Phillips was pulled from the bout due to injury and he was replaced by promotional newcomer Wellington Turman.
A bantamweight bout between 2004 Olympic silver medalist in wrestling and former UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship challenger Sara McMann and inaugural UFC Women's Flyweight Champion Nicco Montaño (also The Ultimate Fighter: A New World Champion flyweight winner) was scheduled for this event. However, it was reported on June 19, that McMann pulled out of the bout citing an injury and she was replaced by The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rousey vs. Team Tate bantamweight winner Julianna Peña.
Beneil Dariush was expected to face Drakkar Klose at the event. However on July 7, Dariush pulled out due to an injury. As a result, UFC officials removed Klose from the card and he is expected to be scheduled for a future event instead.
|Main card (ESPN+)|
|Women's Bantamweight||Germaine de Randamie||def.||Aspen Ladd||TKO (punch)||1||0:16|
|Bantamweight||Urijah Faber||def.||Ricky Simon||TKO (punches)||1||0:46|
|Featherweight||Josh Emmett||def.||Mirsad Bektić||TKO (punches)||1||4:25|
|Middleweight||Karl Roberson||def.||Wellington Turman||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Marvin Vettori||def.||Cezar Ferreira||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary card (ESPN+)|
|Light Heavyweight||John Allan Arte||vs.||Mike Rodríguez||No Contest (overturned)||3||5:00||[a]|
|Featherweight||Andre Fili||def.||Sheymon Moraes||KO (punches)||1||3:07|
|Women's Bantamweight||Julianna Peña||def.||Nicco Montaño||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–27)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Ryan Hall||def.||Darren Elkins||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Jonathan Martinez||def.||Pingyuan Liu||KO (knee)||3||3:54|
|Women's Strawweight||Brianna Van Buren||def.||Lívia Renata Souza||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Benito Lopez||def.||Vince Morales||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
The following fighters received $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: No bonus awarded.
- Performance of the Night: Urijah Faber, Josh Emmett, Andre Fili and Jonathan Martinez
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the California State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money and also does not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses. The total disclosed payout for the event was $1,274,000.
- Germaine de Randamie: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus) def. Aspen Ladd: $35,000
- Urijah Faber: $340,000 (includes $170,000 win bonus) def. Ricky Simon: $23,000
- Josh Emmett: $98,000 (includes $49,000 win bonus) def. Mirsad Bektić: $38,000
- Karl Roberson: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus) def. Wellington Turman: $12,000
- Marvin Vettori: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Cezar Ferreira: $45,000
- John Allan: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Mike Rodríguez: $20,000
- Andre Fili: $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus) def. Sheymon Moraes: $21,000
- Julianna Peña: $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus) def. Nicco Montaño: $30,000
- Ryan Hall: $70,000 (includes $35,000 win bonus) def. Darren Elkins: $62,000
- Jonathan Martinez: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus) def. Pingyuan Liu: $14,000
- Briana Van Buren: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Livia Renata Souza: $12,000
- Benito Lopez: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Vince Morales: $14,000
On August 13, 2019, it was announced by the California State Athletic Commission that John Allan tested positive for tamoxifen in a fight night test. He faced potential suspension, fines and the reversal of his decision win against Mike Rodríguez.
- Jon Fuentes (2019-07-14). "UFC Sacramento Bonuses, Attendance & Gate". lowkickmma.com. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- Jay Pettry (2019-04-26). "UFC returns to Sacramento in July". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2019-04-26.
- Newswire (2019-05-12). "UFC announces dates for third, fourth quarter of 2019, including returns to Sacramento, San Antonio, Mexico City". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- Alexander K. Lee (2019-05-29). "Germaine de Randamie vs. Aspen Ladd announced for UFC Sacramento main event". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- Mike Bohn and John Morgan (2019-05-28). "UFC Hall of Famer Urijah Faber agrees to end retirement vs. Ricky Simon at UFC on ESPN+ 13". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-05-28.
- Matt Erickson and John Morgan (2019-06-07). "Broken foot knocks Cynthia Calvillo off UFC on ESPN+ 13 card in Sacramento". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-06-07.
- Jay Pettry (2019-06-07). "Report: Cynthia Calvillo out, Brianna van Buren in against Livinha Souza at UFC Sacramento". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2019-06-07.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-06-15). "Wellington Turman makes UFC debut on short notice against Karl Roberson in Sacramento". mmadan.nl. Retrieved 2019-06-15. (in Dutch)
- Damon Martin. "With Sara McMann out, Nicco Montano expected to face Julianna Pena at UFC Sacramento". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2019-06-19.
- Farah Hannoun (2019-06-24). "Vince Morales expected to step in at UFC on ESPN+ 13, fight Benito Lopez after Martin Day withdrawal". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-06-24.
- Nolan King (2019-07-04). "Gian Villante out of UFC on ESPN+ 13; Mike Rodriguez now faces John Allan". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-07-04.
- John Morgan (2019-07-07). "Beneil Dariush injured, Drakkar Klose needs new opponent for Saturday's UFC on ESPN+ 13". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-07-08.
- Cole Shelton (2019-07-09). "With no replacement foe found, Drakkar Klose pulled from UFC Sacramento card". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2019-07-09.
- Marrocco, Steven (2019-10-18). "John Allan Arte gets one-year suspension for tamoxifen metabolite". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2019-10-20.
- "UFC Fight Night: de Randamie vs. Ladd". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2019-07-13.
- Steven Marrocco (2019-07-15). "UFC on ESPN+ 13 salaries: Urijah Faber ($340k) banks biggest payday". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-07-15.
- Steven Marrocco (2019-08-13). "CSAC: UFC's John Allan positive for tamoxifen, faces suspension". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2019-08-13.