German Mills Public School
|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|German Mills Public School|
|61 Simonston Blvd.
|School type||Public Open Concept|
|School board||York Region District School Board|
|Area trustee||Susan Geller|
|Acting principal||Barbara Nicholson|
German Mills Public School (GMPS for short) is a school located in Thornhill, Ontario. The school was originally named after a settlement in the area. German Mills P.S. was officially opened on June 5, 1975 in an open concept design. Over time, most of the open spaces have been divided into a more traditional classroom structure. The downstairs was extensively renovated in 2003.
German Mills was one of the first schools in the 1990s to start an outdoor education project. Beginning in 1996, an outdoor education center, a butterfly garden and a bog were constructed. This project ended in 1998.
- Gordon Korman - Author of numerous children's and young adults' books since Grade 7- Graduated 1977
- Corey Haim - Movie actor, briefly attended German Mills Public School for Grade 6, in 1984
- Rishma Malik - Bollywood actress, Graduated 1986
- Billie Mintz - Film Maker- Graduated 1987
- Rob Rusnov - Canadian archer - Graduated 1987
- Robert Livingstone - Sport Business Producer / Journalist - Graduated 1981
|This Ontario school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|