Tommy Douglas Secondary School
|Tommy Douglas Secondary School|
4020 Major Mackenzie Drive
|School type||High school|
|School board||York Region District School Board|
|Area trustee||Linda Aversa|
|Colour(s)||red, grey, and white|
|Last updated: September 2014|
Tommy Douglas Secondary School (TDSS) is a secondary education facility in Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada that opened on 3 February 2015. It is named after Tommy Douglas, the seventh Premier of Saskatchewan whose government implemented North America's first single-payer, universal health care program. It is a secular public school administered by the York Region District School Board. The school is located at 4020 Major Mackenzie Drive, and its first and current principal is Ann Pace. The school day runs from 8:10 to 2:25.
Before the school's opening, students attended Emily Carr Secondary School and Woodbridge College. At Woodbridge College, it operates as a "parallel, but separate" school, during which time the building at Woodbridge College is shared by two schools with separate staff and student body. It had previously maintained an office at Maple High School.
The school's boundary was approved by the YRDSB executive in January 2002, during which boundary changes for the opening of Emily Carr Secondary School and Maple High School were also approved. Because of unanticipated demographic changes in Vaughan, the school will have one fewer feeder school than originally forecast by YRDSB planners. The school's boundaries are Highway 400 to the east, Rutherford Road to the south, Pine Valley Drive to the west, and the King-Vaughan town line in the north. Before opening, students residing south of Teston Road and north of Major Mackenzie Drive will attend Woodbridge College, except those southwest of the area delimited by Millwood Parkway.
- Emily Carr Secondary School
- Woodbridge College
- York Region District School Board
- List of high schools in Ontario
- "Tommy Douglas S S". York Region District School Board. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Tommy Douglas Secondary School". Secondary School Profile. Ministry of Education. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Tommy Douglas SS, City of Vaughan" (PDF). York Region District School Board. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Tommy Douglas Secondary School – new building opens February 3, 2015". York Region District School Board. 27 January 2015. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Our school". Tommy Douglas Secondary School. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Secondary School Boundary Change: Emily Carr Secondary School and Tommy Douglas Secondary School" (PDF). York Region District School Board. 4 June 2013. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Frequently Asked Questions". York Region District School Board. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "School Registration". York Region District School Board. Retrieved 10 September 2014.