Gundog Group is the name of a breed Group of dogs, used by kennel clubs to classify a defined collection of hunting dog breeds. Different kennel clubs may not include the same breeds in their Gundog Group. Some major kennel clubs do not have a Gundog Group, placing gundog breeds into other groups.
Gundog Group breeds
The term "Gundog Group" is often informally used by minor kennel clubs, breed clubs, sporting clubs, and Internet-based dog businesses. Many new or rare breeds, not yet recognized by any major registry, could eventually be listed in the Gundog Group or the Sporting Group of a major kennel club, such as the Canadian Kennel Club or the American Kennel Club.
- The Kennel Club Gundog Group
- ANKC breeds by group
- New Zealand Kennel Club Groups
- United Kennel Club (US) breed information
- Fédération Cynologique Internationale breed nomenclature
- Canadian Kennel Club Sporting Dogs Group
- "Breeds in the Gundog Group". The Kennel Club. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "Breeds - Group 3 (Gundogs)". Australian National Kennel Council. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- "Standards of the Breeds: Group 3 Gundogs" (PDF). New Zealand Kennel Club. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 26, 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- "Breed Information". United Kennel Club. Retrieved 14 January 2011.