Guwahati railway station
|Express train and Passenger train station|
Guwahati Railway station
|Location||Paltan Bazaar, Guwahati, Assam,
|Elevation||56.22 metres (184.4 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northeast Frontier Railway zone|
|Connections||Auto Rickshaw, Bus, Taxi|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||Northeast Frontier Railway zone|
|Previous names||Assam Bengal Railway|
Guwahati railway station is located in the heart of Guwahati, Assam. Just behind the Guwahati Railway Station is the Assam State Transport Corporation Bus Station. This is in the Paltan Bazaar area of Guwahati from where most of the private bus companies operate connecting Guwahati with the rest of the state and the Northeast.
To reduce the traffic on the Guwahati junction, there is another railway station in the city at Maligaon is Kamakhya railway station. Almost all newly introduced trains run from Kamakhya station only. There were plans to make a new railway station at Beltola (in the southern part of Guwahati) to introduce trains towards Shillong. Plans have not been finalized and still in process.
There are few other stations in and around the city accessible area. They are Narengi, New Guwahati, Azara, Amingaon, Changsari, Kamakya,Agthori and pandu
- Kamakhya Junction railway station : This station is located some 10 km from heart of the city, and is a preferred station for tourists visiting the Kamakhya temple of goddess Kamakhya.
- Narangi railway station : Among these Narengi station is used only for halting trains coming from north-eastern states.
- New Guwahati railway station :This station is used for freight services as it is close the Guwahati Refinery.
- Azara railway station : This station is near Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport.
- Amin Gaon railway station : This is on the northern side of the city was the old station when the Saraighat Bridge was not constructed.
- Agthori railway station : The station Agthori is on the north Guwahati side near the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
- Pandu Railway Station : This station is near the heart of the city and very close to the shore of the mighty Brahmaputra river. Pandu port is nearby this station.
Some important train that origins/terminates :
|Train No.||Train Name||Train Type||Arrivals||Arrival Time||Departures||Departure Time|
|12067||Guwahati Jorhat Town Jan Shatabdi Express||Jan Shatabdi||Daily (except Sun)||6:30||Daily (except Sun)||18:35|
|12085||Guwahati−Dibrugarh Shatabdi Express||Shatabdi||Mon, Wed, Fri||14:05||Tue, Thu, Sat||12:10|
|12088||Naharlagun−Guwahati Shatabdi Express||Shatabdi||Tue, Thu, Sat||11:00||Mon, Wed, Fri||15:20|
|12501||Poorvottar Sampark Kranti Express||Sampark Kranti||Tue, Fri||08:45||Wed, Sat||6:15|
|12517||Kolkata – Guwahati Garib Rath Express||Garib Rath||Mon, Fri||15:40||Wed, Sat||21:00|
- "Guwahati Railway station on searchmytrain.com". searchmytrain.com. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Guwahati.|
- Guwahati railway station at the India Rail Info
|Preceding station||Indian Railway||Following station|
|Northeast Frontier Railway zone||Terminus|
|Terminus||Northeast Frontier Railway zone|