|Location||101 West Flagler Street
Miami, Florida, United States
|Curator||Dr. Joanne Hyppolite|
|Public transit access||Metrorail access at Government Center|
HistoryMiami, formerly known as the Historical Museum of Southern Florida, is a museum located in Miami, Florida, USA, specializing in the history of southeastern Florida, including Greater Miami, the Florida Keys, and the Everglades. HistoryMiami programs include exhibitions, city tours, education, research, collections and publications on the importance of the past in shaping Miami's future. HistoryMiami's Museum is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, as it has been since 1979. In 2010 the museum announced HistoryMiami as its new brand name.
The Museum occupies a 40,000-square-foot (3,700 m2) building in Downtown Miami and has exhibition space on two floors. The top floor houses "Tropical Dreams: A People's History of South Florida," the permanent exhibition that covers 12,000 years of history. The lobby contains two galleries that rotate temporary exhibitions, as well as the gift shop. HistoryMiami also includes the Archives and Research Center, which contains historic photos and documents useful to scholars, distant learners, industry professionals. The lower level houses classrooms used for educational programming and lectures, administrative offices, and part of the museum's object collection. In total, the museum's collection includes over 13,000 objects.
- Downtown Miami Historic District
- El Portal, Florida
- List of mayors of Miami
- Lummus Park Historic District
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Miami, Florida
- Timeline of Miami, Florida history
- Historical Museum of Southern Florida: about Retrieved on June 4, 2012
- Cervantes, Victoria. "Historical Museum of Southern Florida Commemorates 70th Anniversary with Unveiling of New Brand Identity" (PDF). HistoryMiami. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
- Historical Museum of Southern Florida: history Retrieved on March 9, 2008
- "HistoryMiami". Affiliate detail. Smithsonian Affiliations. 2011. Retrieved 17 Jul 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HistoryMiami.|