International rankings of Afghanistan
- Mercer Human Resource Consulting: Most expensive cities 2008, not ranked among top 143 cities
- Population of urban area ranked 105
- Population ranked 43 out of 228 countries and territories
- CIA World Factbook 2008 estimates Life expectancy ranked 208 out of 211 countries and territories
- Total immigrant population ranked 137 out of 192 countries
- IMD International: World Competitiveness Yearbook 2005, not ranked among top 60 economies 
- The Wall Street Journal: Index of Economic Freedom 2008, ranked x out of 157 countries
- The Economist: Quality-of-Life Index 2005, not ranked among top 111 countries
- World Economic Forum: Global Competitiveness Report 2008-2009, ranked x out of 125 countries
- Yale University Center for Environmental Law and Policy and Columbia University Center for International Earth Science Information Network: Environmental Sustainability Index, ranked x out of 146 countries
- Total area ranked x out of 233 countries
- KOF: Index of Globalization 2007, not ranked out of 122 countries
- A.T. Kearney/Foreign Policy Magazine: Globalization Index 2006, not ranked out of 62 countries
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- Transparency International: Corruption Perceptions Index 2008, ranked x out of 180 countries
- Reporters without borders: Worldwide press freedom index 2008, ranked x out of 173 countries
- The Economist Democracy Index 2007, ranked x out of 167 countries
- United Nations: Human Development Index 2007, ranked 174 out of 180 countries
- Save the Children: State of the World's Mothers report 2007, ranked x out of 110 countries
- World Health Organization: suicide rate, ranked x out of 100 countries
- University of Leicester Satisfaction with Life Index 2006, not ranked among top 178 countries
- Brown University Taubman Center for Public Policy 2006: ranked x in online government services
- Number of mobile phones in use ranked x
- Number of broadband Internet users ranked x
- Economist Intelligence Unit: E-readiness 2008, ranked x out of 45 countries
- World Economic Forum Networked Readiness Index 2007–2008, ranked x out of 127 countries
- United Nations: e-Government Readiness Index, 2008, ranked x out of 50 countries
- Total rapid transit systems ranked x
- "CIA - The World Factbook 2008". Central Intelligence Agency.
- "World Population Policies 2005", United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, March 2006. ISBN 978-92-1-151420-9.
- "International Migration 2006", United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division. United Nations Publication, No. E.06.XIII.6, March 2006.
- World Competitiveness Yearbook 2005
- Index of Economic Freedom
- The World in 2005 - Worldwide quality-of-life index, 2005
- The Global Competitiveness Report 2008-2009 Archived 2008-06-19 at the Wayback Machine.
- KOF Index of Globalization 2007 Archived 2009-03-04 at the Wayback Machine. PDF
- Globalization Index 2006 Archived 2008-03-06 at the Wayback Machine. PDF
- Asia balance of power (PDF)
- CPI 2008 table Archived 2009-03-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Worldwide press freedom index 2008 Archived 2008-10-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- Economist Intelligence Unit Democracy Index 2008 Archived 2008-12-14 at the Wayback Machine. (PDF)
- Afghanistan Human Development Report 2007, Centre for Policy and Human Development, Kabul University & United Nations Development Programme. Afghanistan's last inclusion in the HDI ranking was in the 1996 report using 1993 data. See also Human Development Index 2008 Archived 2011-04-29 at the Wayback Machine. PDF
- State of the World's Mothers 2007 PDF
- World Health Organization suicide country reports
- Satisfaction with Life Index Archived 2007-10-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Sixth Annual Global e-Government Study". Brown University Taubman Center for Public Policy. 2006-08-01.
- Rank Order - Telephones - mobile cellular The World Factbook
- weforum.org Archived 2009-02-05 at the Wayback Machine. (PDF)
- United Nations e-Government Readiness Index, 2008 PDF
- UNTWO (June 2008). "UNTWO World Tourism Barometer, Vol.5 No.2" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2008-03-26.