This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||March 3, 1976|
|Died||November 4, 2017 (aged 41)|
|Occupation||Actress, singer, endorser|
|Spouse(s)||Geryk Genasky (2002; separated)|
Arnel Cowley (2015–2017; her death)
Early life and education
Isabel Granada was the daughter of Humberto Granada, a Filipino chief marine engineer, and Isabel Villarama, a Spanish homemaker. Her father died in 1995.
Granada attended the Philippine Air Transport and Training Services College, where she obtained her bachelor's degree in aeronautical engineering in 2001 and secured her private pilot license. She served as a second class sergeant in the Philippine Air Force for two years.
1986–2004: Career beginnings
Granada's career started after auditioning for That’s Entertainment in 1986, where she became a member of the Tuesday group. She was part of the cast of the film, Ligaya ang Itawag Mo sa Akin which starred Rosanna Roces, and was given the FAMAS Award for Best Supporting Actress in 1998 for her role in the film.
2004–2013: GMA Network
Granada took a break from showbiz from 2004 to 2006 after giving birth to her son. She resumed her acting career in 2007 with GMA Network and worked with Sine Novela: Pasan Ko Ang Daigdig and Zaido: Pulis Pangkalawakan.
In 2008, Granada played the role of Elena Valderama in the remake of Kaputol ng Isang Awit with co-star Glaiza de Castro and Lovi Poe, recently shown on the GMA Network. She also appeared in the romantic comedy drama Philippine remake Lalola. In 2009, she was one of the guest stars in the Philippine adaptation of Zorro.
2013–2017: Final years
During her final years in 2013, she joined It's Showtime's Bida Kapamilya Celebrity Round with her Kapamilya's and she was working again on ABS-CBN's Got to Believe, along with Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla, among others.
In 2017, she played the challenging role of Jessica in Wish Ko Lang wherein she portrayed a woman disguised as a man just to feed her kids. No one knew that the new carpenter was a woman.
She recorded a self titled album under Dyna Records with songs like “Crush Na Crush Kita” (You are Really My Crush), Classmate Dear Classmate, and “Di Na Bale” (Never Mind).
Granada's first marriage was to Geryk Genasky in 2002. They eventually separated, but their relationship produced one son, Hubert Thomas Jericho Granada Aguas. She married Arnel Cowley in 2015, and was a stepmother to his daughters: Sarah, a young model and Abbey Cowley.
Around 2006, Granada underwent oophorectomy of her right ovary after a cyst had developed; she again had to undergo the operation in 2008 after two cysts had grown on her left ovary, which were accidentally discovered during a removal of a benign tumor in her uterus.
On October 25, 2017, Granada fell into a coma after experiencing six cardiac arrests during a meet and greet session with her fans in Doha, Qatar. Granada had traveled to Doha with her husband to attend the Philippine Tourism and Trade Conference, where she was a guest speaker. She was rushed to the Heart Hospital of the Hamad Medical Corporation and was later transferred to Hamad General Hospital.
Granada had suffered from a brain hemorrhage and aneurysm that affected her heart. On October 27, 2017, she was declared brain dead. Granada died on November 4, 2017, at age 41. Her body lay in state on November 10–11 at Santuario de San Jose in East Greenhills, Mandaluyong, and was cremated on November 12.
|2016||Fruits N' Vegetables: Mga Bulakboleros||Peter Parker Anderson's Parents|
|2008||Xenoa 2: Clash of the Bloods||Eli|
|2007||Kapitan Ambo: Outside De Kulambo|
|2001||Masikip na Ang Mundo mo Labrador||Ligaya|
|2001||Aagos ang Dugo|
|2001||Halik ng Sirena||Mina|
|2000||Anghel de la Guardia||Terresa|
|1999||Hubad sa Ilalim ng Buwan||Buwan|
|1997||Ligaya ang Itawag mo sa Akin||Estela|
|1997||Boy Chico: Hulihin si Ben Tumbling|
|1995||Grepor Butch Belgica Story||Girlfriend No. 3|
|1995||Si Mario at Si Goko|
|1991||Umiyak Pati Langit||Karren|
|1990||Tora tora, bang bang bang|
|1990||Shake, Rattle & Roll II||Consuela|
|1990||Lessons In Love|
|1989||Regal Shocker (The Movie)|
|1989||Huwag Kang Hahalik Sa Diablo||Sabsy|
|1989||Yes, Yes, Yo Kabayong Kutsero|
|1989||Isang Araw Walang Diyos||Santa Babae|
|1988||Moises Platon: Lost Command|
|1987||1 + 1 = 12 + 1|
|1986||Bakit Madalas ang Tibok ng Puso||Andrea|
Resbak Gascon Michael and Madonna 2 Banana Split Anak Ni Janice Magic To Love Mga Kuwento Ng Pag-Ibig Mga Kwento Ni Lola Basyang
- Bukas, Leo. "Isabel Granada in a coma; suffers aneurysm in Doha, Qatar". Push. ABS-CBN. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
She [Granada] was born on March 3, 1976 and she’s only 41 years old
- Various (May 12, 2014). "Actress Isabel Granada studied aeronautical engineering!". GMA Network. Regal Entertainment Inc.
- Avante, Wells; Caliwara, Karen (October 25, 2017). "A peek into Isabel Granada's life as a mother". PEP.ph. Philippine Entertainment Portal, Inc. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- Santiago, Maxxy (November 8, 2017). "Isabel Granada's remains arriving in Manila early Thursday". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. Retrieved November 8, 2017.
- Gonzales, David. "Review Out Here on My Own". Allmusic. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Gonzales, David. "Review In the Mood for Love". Allmusic. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Soriano, Gia Allana (October 27, 2017). "WATCH: Geryk Genasky message to former wife Isabel Granada". GMA News and Public Affairs (in English and Filipino). Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Bardinas, Mary Ann (July 20, 2017). "Isabel Granada's timeless appeal is awe-inspiring!". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. Retrieved October 26, 2017.
- "PEP: Isabel Granada can get pregnant despite ovarian operation". GMA News and Public Affairs. November 6, 2008. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- Santos, Jamil. "Isabel Granada now in coma after cardiac arrest in Qatar". GMA News. GMA News. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- Roxas, Patricia Ann (25 October 2017). "Report: Isabel Granada in coma in Qatar hospital". Inquirer.net. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- "Isabel Granada dies, had premonition of her death". The Philippine Star. Retrieved November 4, 2017.
- "Isabel Granada's remains arrive in Manila, schedule for viewing announced". Rappler. November 9, 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- "Isabel Granada is laid to rest". Rappler. November 12, 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- "Isabel Granada's mom tears up after late actress receives 'Walk of Fame' star". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. November 22, 2017. Retrieved November 24, 2017.