|Born||9 March 1952 (age 65)
Zarasai, Lithuanian SSR, Soviet Union
|Height||217 cm (7 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||117 kg (258 lb)|
Standing at 2.15 m (7 ft 1 in) or taller Semjonova was the leading women's basketball player in the world in the 1970s and 1980s. Wearing a men's size 21 (US) / 58 (EU) shoe, she was known for having the largest feet ever in women's basketball. For almost all of her playing career, she played for TTT Riga, which was part of Daugava Voluntary Sports Society. With TTT, she won 15 championships in the Soviet Union and the European Champion's Cup 15 times. Semjonova was also very dominant in international play, winning two Olympic Gold medals while playing for the USSR in 1976 and 1980 and never lost a game in official international competition.
She was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labour in 1976, and in 1993 became the first non-US woman enshrined into the Basketball Hall of Fame. She was an inaugural member of the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame in the class of 1999. In 2007, she was enshrined in the FIBA Hall of Fame. During the 2007 Latvian sports personality of the year award ceremony, Semjonova received the Lifetime Contribution to Sport award.
- Semjonova, Uļjana; Kresa, Inita (1996). Kad es biju laimīga. Rīga: Latvijas Olimpiskā komiteja. p. 8. ISBN 9984-10-001-4.
- Uļjana Semjonova. sports-reference.com
- Tancredi Palmeri: Semionova sempre gigante "Dico solo grazie allo sport" (http://www.gazzetta.it/Sport_Vari/Basket/Estero/Primo_Piano/2009/01/03/semionova.shtml). La Gazzetta dello Sport, retrieved 26 April 2011
- Gazzetta dello Sport, Photoserie
- Comparison with Bill Russell's footprint (size 16 US / size 52 EU),Photoserie Archived 8 October 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- Khavin, Boris (1979). Всё об олимпийских играх [All About Olympic Games] (in Russian) (2nd ed.). Moscow: Fizkultura i sport. p. 578.
- "Hall of Famers". Basketball Hall of Fame. Archived from the original on 22 April 2010. Retrieved 1 August 2009.
- "WBHOF Inductees". WBHOF. Retrieved 1 August 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Uljana Semjonova.|