Ivan Rogov-class landing ship
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Ivan Rogov in 1982.
|Builders:||Yantar Baltic Shipbuilding plant, Kaliningrad|
|Type:||Dock landing ship / Large Landing Ship|
|Displacement:||11,580 tons standard, 14,060 tons full load|
|Length:||157 m (515 ft)|
|Beam:||23.8 m (78 ft)|
|Draught:||6.7 m (22 ft)|
|Propulsion:||2 shafts, 2 gas turbines, 2 × 18,000 hp|
|Speed:||19 knots (35 km/h)|
|Range:||7,500 nm at 14 knots (26 km/h)|
|Capacity:||2,500 tons of cargo|
|Aircraft carried:||4 × Kamov Ka-27 or Ka-29|
The Project 1174 (Nosorog) class landing ship (NATO reporting name: Ivan Rogov) is a class of Soviet/Russian dock landing ships (Soviet classification: Large landing ship, Russian: БДК, большой десантный корабль). They were built as part of the expansion of the Soviet Navy's amphibious warfare capabilities in the 1970s.
Project 1174 has both bow ramp and well deck; it may operate as either a LST or as a LPD. A typical load is one battalion of 520 marines and 25 tanks. Up to 53 tanks or 80 armoured personnel carriers may be carried if the well deck is used for ground vehicle parking. 2,500 tons of cargo may be carried.
Both Ivan Rogov and Aleksandr Nikolayev were auctioned off and under conservation by their new owners.
Electronics and sensors
- E-Band Surveillance Radar
- Two I-Band Navigation Radars
- G-Band Fire Control Radar (for 76mm Gun)
- H/I-Band Fire Control Radar (for 30mm Guns)
- F/H/I-Band Fire Control Radar (for Osa-M Missile System)
- 17 channel radio suite
- Optronic Fire Control System
- Electronic Warfare System with Electronic Support Measures (ESM)
- Ivan Rogov Class (Type 1174) Landing Ship, Russia
- Ivan Rogov class Amphibious Warfare ship on FAS.org
- Ivan Rogov class Amphibious Warfare ship on GlobalSecurity.org
- All Ivan Rogov class landing ships - Complete Ship List
|This article about a specific military ship or boat of the Soviet Union or Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|